51

Chaeyoung wakes up the next few days, looking lost as ever as she keeps calling for Lisa but to no avail. Her favorite Thai is gone and it hurts the Korean very much. Luckily, Clare decides to stay behind with her daughter while Jennie, Jisoo and Mason keep repeating their visits to the Seoul Police Department to seek update regarding Lisa's case. 

"I can't say much" Hyeri replies in a voice that suits more like a whisper than a statement. When she speaks, she makes sure to look over her shoulder, her eyes are stained with fears as she takes a deep breath. "Because apparently the case is being handled by one of my senior and he doesn't provide me much with information"

"What do you mean?" Jisoo asks, rather harshly as she narrows her eyes on the police officer. Hyeri licks her lower lip, her gaze falls on the surface of her table than Jisoo's face. "I understand your frustration but right now, what we all know is that the murder occurred around 5 a.m. in front of  the complex she always passed by during her morning walk" Hyeri stops, weaving her hands together. "And the shots were fired at a close distance; meaning the suspect might approached her and shot her 12 times in her torso and two at the back of her head, causing a severe cerebral laceration, according to the forensic report that we received"

Jennie, Jisoo and Mason furrow their eyebrows at such information. Tears start forming in their eyes and Jisoo is the first to sob. Clenching her fists, she mumbles in a strained voice. 

"You fucking know it"

"What, Jisoo?"

"You fucking know that her death has something to do with the recent case she was handling"

"Jisoo" Hyeri warns her. "You cannot make assumption like that in my office. You'll be in a hot water if someone else overhears that"

"I don't fucking care" the Korean says. "They killed my best friend. My fucking best friend for fuck's sake" 

 "Jennie, control her language or I'm sorry but I would never allow her to be in my place ever again"

Jennie nods heavily as she comforts her wife. "It's okay, honey. I understand what you're feeling. But you've to be calm. Lisa wouldn't like it if you're all like this, Jisoo"

"But it fucking hurts" 

"If it hurts for you, then think how painful it is for Chaeyoung" 

Mason says sadly as he wipes his tears. "Fuck, Lisa was always the right one for her. But damn, God knows better"

"Dad" Jennie holds her father's hand. "I know, just hang in there. We are doing this for Chae"

"Jen, can you talk to your little sister later when we get home?" 

Mason asks, arching his eyebrow. "Why?"

"Mom said she hasn't eaten anything in two days"

Jennie's heart breaks instantly at that thought. Gently she nods and promises him a yes. 

"Things will be okay, I'm sure" Jennie mumbles. "Now, let's go home. I'm sure mom is waiting for us"

***

"Mr. Park"

A familiar voice calls Mason from behind, causing him to involuntarily turns his head to see. His eyes fall on the perfect figure of Lili in her sleek, attorney suit; a smile on her lips as she adjusts her cufflinks. 

"What an honor to see you; three of you here"

"What do you want, Lili?" Mason asks coldly, refusing to entertain that attorney. She might have the face of Lisa but their attitudes definitely differ a lot.