47

Chaeyoung thought it was a dream. The last thing she remembered was she went all black on the bed.

And now that she awakes, she quickly reaches for her phone again and tries to call Lisa.

Unfortunately, fate wouldn't have it that particular morning. Her countless of calls, emails, texts; all are left unanswered.

A knock on the front door causes the blonde to run for her life, hoping desperately it would be her wife she married a few months ago, a day after her parents' anniversary dinner.

It was a simple wedding, attended only by closed friends and family members but both of them; Lisa and Chaeyoung knew they never need extravagance even though Lisa surely can afford it.

Chaeyoung needed Lisa and Lisa gave her that.

"Please" she says desperately, holding one palm to her chest. "Please, make it Lisa"

She says again as she twists the knob to the left and is greeted by a worried Jennie in her Chanel fluffy sweater. "Jennie?"

"Chae, I was so worried about you" she says as she walks in, wrapping her arms around the lanky blonde. Behind her, Jisoo walks in with bloodshot eyes.

"Jen, I had a strange dream"

Chaeyoung starts nervously. "And I'm scared. And Lisa doesn't pick up her phone and ..."

"Chae" Jennie cups her sister's cheeks, her eyes staring straight into those brown obs.

"That's not a dream"

"What?"

"Lisa is dead" Jennie announces and Chaeyoung's heart breaks.

"14 shots in total" she adds carefully and before she can say anything further, the Cardiologist sinks to her feet, wailing.

"NO! NO! THIS IS NOT TRUE. LISA'S NOT DEAD. PLEASE TELL NE THAT, JENNIE"

"Baby, I'm sorry" her sister consoles her as she pulls Chaeyoung into her embrace. But the doctor pushes her sister away, hot tears stream down her face.

"Chae" Jisoo speaks, one hand inside the pocket of her jeans. "We are very sorry for your lost"

"No! This can't be true"

"Mom and dad are coming later. Don't cry, Chae. I love you"

"No, Jen" Chaeyoung cries madly. "She's not dead. I know. I love her. Please, please, Jennie"

"Baby, I'm so sorry" Jennie cradles her little sister. "I'm sorry, I love you"

••••

She wakes up to find Lisa standing beautifully at the altar; all looking carefree only in her tight, black skinny jeans and a white t shirt.

Her dark hair frames her face gorgeously and she's half laughing to Jisoo about something when Chaeyoung snakes her arms around the Thai's waist.

"Baby, I can hear your laughing from inside the house"

She whispers and Lisa laughs softly. "I was talking to Jisoo about tomorrow and I'm nervous"

"No way" Chaeyoung smirks. "Lalisa Manoban, the greatest lawyer of the nation; is scared to marry her longtime fianceé?"

"Not that scared" Lisa rolls her eyes which makes the cardiologist laughs in return. "Just nervous, Jagiya. I need to be the best for you and I'm still thinking if I'm still not"

"Baby, we have talked about this a million times already. You're the one for me. Even if you're not the best, you're all I want and that's the only thing that matters"

"So, want to practice?"

"The vow?" Chaeyoung asks and Lisa nods with a cheeky smile.

"Come on but we need a minister"

"A fake one" Lisa reprimands her as she kisses the cardiologist. "I'll hire Jisoo here"

"What? Jisoo isn't qualify enough to be a minister"

Chaeyoung whines.

"That's why it's called a fake minister, jagi"

Chaeyoung nods in agreement as she hugs her fianceé one more time.

"I start first?" Lisa asks and Chaeyoung nods.

"Breathe, baby. I need you alive for the wedding"

"Stop, it Park" Lisa pinches Chaeyoung's side and the doctor launches herself forward, kissing her.

"Don't kiss yet" Jisoo frowns. "You're not her wife yet"

"Ugh, fine. Hurry up, Manoban"

"Okay" Lisa clears her throat and holds Chaeyoung's hand in hers.

I, Lalisa Manoban take you, Chaeyoung Park to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part.

And everything goes dark again as she is awake.