1

Brittany's POV
Okay. This is a huge deal. In less than two minutes, I'm going to have arrived at college. I'm so excited, I can barely sit still. I drive my car through tree lined streets, with signs pointing towards the student accommodation. There are loads of students, like me, heading towards the buildings. I wonder if one of them is my roommate?

I'll just clear up some stuff, before I get sidetracked. My name is Brittany, Brittany Susan Pierce. I'm 19, and I'm going to college today. I didn't think I would ever graduate high school, and it did take me an extra year, but I'm here now. My mom and dad were both so proud of me, they gave me a goodbye dinner each. Probably one of the good points of having divorced parents, you get two of everything.

Anyway, that's all you really need to know about me. I'm an only child, I have a pet cat called Lord Tubbington, my best friend is called Sugar and I'm bisexual, and open and proud. Or whatever the saying is. And I love to dance, which is one of the main things that got me here.

I find the car park and park, turning off my car. Then I grab my phone and keys from the centre console and get out. There's a few other cars parked here, but my bright red Mini stands out. I load my new suitcases I got for college out the back, and start to walk towards the student accommodation buildings.

I'm almost immediately knocked off my feet by a tall blonde guy. He stops and grabs my hand, stopping me from falling. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." He apologises, looking genuinely worried. I shrug and pick my bag up again. "No worries. Nobody got hurt." He seems happy with my reply, and offers me his hand to shake. "I'm Sam. Sam Evans." I take his hand and shake it "I'm Brittany Pierce." I let go of his hand and wave bye "See you around Sam."

I make it to my block without being knocked into again, and stop at the bottom of the stairs. This slip of paper says that I'm on the 4th floor. How on earth am I going to get up there with these bags? I'm strong, but that's a whole other level. Just as I'm trying to figure it out, the door behind me opens and a brunette girl walks in. She gives me a small smile and walks past me up the stairs, then stops and turns around.

"Are you on the fourth floor?" She asks, her arms folded. I nod and set down a bag "Yes. Are you?"
She shakes her head "I'm on the second floor. Listen, the elevators are around the back. I figured you wouldn't want to walk up all those stairs." She turns and keeps walking upstairs before I can ask her name. Oh well. We'll probably see each other again, since we live in the same building. . I pick up my bags and walk through the door at the back of the building, where there are two elevators. I get in one and press the number '4'.

As it moves, I look around in the dim light. It doesn't smell too bad, but there is some graffiti scrawled on the walls. I try to read it, but the elevator moves pretty fast and I find myself on my floor in no time. The bell dings and I grab my things before walking into the corridor. My door is in front of me. Maybe my roommate is already inside, waiting for me! I'm really excited to meet her, all I know is her name. Santana Lopez. That's it.

I get the keys out my pocket and unlock the door, and drag my stuff inside. The place is in darkness, so I guess Santana isn't here yet. That's fine, it gives me more time to settle in. I flick around the switches until the place lights up. I'm currently standing in a kitchen/sitting area, and there's two doors leading off. One of them leads to a bathroom, which seems clean enough. I open the other door which leads to the bedroom.

It's small, with just enough space to fit in two single beds, two desks and a closet which I guess we're meant to share. On each wall above the bed is a pinboard, and the window is between them. I pick the bed on the left and dump my bags on it. I lie beside them and take a deep breath. I'm here, finally. All the past years hard work has got me to where I always wanted to be. My phone buzzes in my pocket and I look at it. I have three texts.