• 02 ~ For With You, I Feel Alone •

Start from the beginning

Not able to take it anymore, Y/n got up from the couch and began to look around the room.

It had only been the second day, but Y/n had already gotten familiar with the objects in the room. After all, they had been doing nothing but stare around it for two whole days.

The big red and black disk on the wall caught Y/n's attention. They went to examine it a little more closely. Most of the walls were empty, or were covered in drapes, so this one piece of decoration felt odd.

Y/n was just about to touch it when the door opened. It was Scaramouche and the other harbinger.

Shivers ran down Y/n's spine. Somehow, this woman bore the same aura as the Tsaritsa. Same, but different. The Tsaritsa looked like the kind of person who could kill by a glare. This harbinger looked like she could take out blood.

Scaramouche was looking at Y/n, clearly not amused. "Err.. what are you doing with my hat?"

"What?" Y/n turned back to the disk. "Your... hat?"

Signon, was it?... began laughing, something Y/n didn't expect her to be capable of.

Scaramouche turned red. "Yes.. that's my hat! Now get away!!" He pushed Y/n aside and examined the hat, making sure Y/n didn't damage it.

"Who would've thought, right?" Signon half-whispered to Y/n, holding back more of her laughter.

As weird as it was to do so, Y/n began to laugh under their breath.

"Signora, could you not?" Scaramouche glared at Signo-ra, but she didn't seem the least bothered. Her eyes were instead fixated on Y/n, as if trying to judge what they were on the interior.

"Your satellite is an interesting one, Scar. Wanna switch?" She said, adjusting the blonde locks that rested on her shoulders.

"Yeah sure." Scaramouche replied dismissively. "Y/n isn't that helpful. Keep them if you wanna."

That fact that he didn't even think twice before answering broke Y/n's heart a little.

"Hey... Don't I get a say in this..?" They spoke up, though they already knew the answer.

"No. Given your position, I don't think you do." Scaramouche said, confirming it for them.

Signora chuckled, before turning to the door. "Anyways, I'm leaving."

"Not gonna take them, eh?"

"What? You were serious?!" She laughed before closing the door behind her.

"Tsk." He folded his arms and looked away. Y/n didn't know what to say anymore.

Without another word, he sat back on his chair and began writing, which was weird since he had already finished with all his paperwork.

Just like that, night fell. Not a single word was uttered by either of them.

It was time for Y/n to leave, so they stood up and went for the door.

"Are you going to try to escape again?" Y/n heard Scaramouche say behind them.

"It's none of your business." The door was closed.

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Scaramouche POV]