Chapter 1 (season 1)

Začít od začátku

He tosses the beer to the man and he catches it making JJ and I burst out laughing. "They don't pay you enough man." I grin poking my head out of the door. "Leave him alone, you're going to make him have a heart attack." Kie argues and I roll my eyes before leaning back on the chair and closing the door.

"How come Gary can get a beer but I can't get another one?" John B questions from the driver seat and I roll my eyes. "Gary deserves it after all that running." I say sarcastically as JJ looks at me with a smile appearing across his face. "Sure." John B scoffs. After a few minutes I move to the passenger seat to keep my brother company while the others talked about surfing.

We were currently driving through Figure Eight towards the Cut. The Outer Banks, paradise on earth. Our beautiful home. It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs or two houses. Two tribes, one island. Figure Eight, the rich side of the island. Home of the Kooks. So, guess where we don't live.

And then, there is the south side or the cut.  Home of the working class who making a living busing tables, washing yachts, running charters. The natural habitat of.. The Pogues. That's us! Pogues, pogies, the throwaway fish. Lowest member of the food chain.

Okay, so the downside of Pogue life is we're ignored and neglected. But the upside of Pogue life, we're ignored and neglected. Which means we do whatever we want, whenever we want. Now onto the more interesting people.

Firstly, there's JJ Maybank. My brothers best friend since third grade. JJ is the life of the party, he's a very tall man with messy blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. He's about as local as they come. Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water. Best surfer I know. Just don't tell him I said that. Mild kleptomaniac and a future tax cheat but we all love him, no matter because he's one of us.

Then there's Kiara, or Kie, as we call her. My best friend since I was 10. The only female friend I've ever had. When she's not out saving turtles or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs with us. I'm not really sure why though. My brother, Pope, JJ and I aren't as wealthy as Kie. So, she's a rich kid. Foot in both worlds. Her family owns The Wreck, this Outer Banks institution. Total cash cow with the tourists. Her parents love me even though I'm not from Figure Eight they still treat me like a daughter. I'm not really sure how they feel about the boys, though. I guess, it's because all the boys have a thing for her.

Next, there's Pope, the brains of the operation. Finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship. He's the smartest person I know and my best friend. He's a little bit of a weirdo but we love him no matter, I admire his dedication to getting his scholarship and actually trying to get somewhere in his life unlike the rest of us. His father's the legendary character, Heyward. Anything you wanted on the island. Heyward could get for you. Now, I'm not sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it didn't matter. He was a Pogue, just like the rest of us.

Then we have my older twin brother, John Booker Routledge, also know as JB or John b. Literally the spitting image of our father. He's the leader of our group. It's just him and I and sometimes JJ that live together in our home called the Chateau. Our father went missing at sea nine months ago, looking for a ship wreck. Our uncle T was meant to mind us after dad's disappearance, he was supposed to be our legal guardian. At the moment. He's in Mississippi, building houses, which means it's just us right now, on our own, hanging out with our friends.

Lastly, there's me, Jackie Olivia Routledge. The glue that holds our group together. I'm very stubborn and always stand up for my friends. Whenever there's a party, I'll always be there. I have long curly brown hair with hazel eyes and tanned skin. If I'm not smoking or at a party than I'm hanging with my brother and our best friends.