XIII

Regret and fear is what Emily felt as she stepped into the BAU after her first week at work, back from her "break". She decided to take the rest of that week off, to think about her actions. She then came back the following week, and went straight to work, despite her thoughts.

"Oh my precious sweetness, are you sure you don't need anything? You know you can hang out in my office, I can talk to Hotch about it." Garcia asks, leaning on Emily's desk. She was the most worried and Emily understood that.

She shakes her head and grins. "I'm okay, thank you for the coffee and all the love."

Garcia's smile beams back. "Anything for you. Let me know if you need anything. Just don't scare me like that again."

"I won't."

The past week has been rather odd. The team was constantly worried about their colleague, she didn't even speak of her week break. They wanted to ask but remembered the risk of upsetting her. The group also respected Hotch, and his knowledge of this situation. They just wanted to know. Though, she herself didn't know what to tell them.

She sighed as she spun around the room slowly in her chair, it was really gonna be a long day.

Hotch watched at a distance, from his office. He hadn't talked to Emily since the day the kiss happened. It was more avoiding and ignoring.

Honestly, both didn't know how to feel or cope with what went down.

The day slowly goes by, Derek and Spencer tried to keep Emily company. JJ and Penelope occasionally stopped by and even asked her out for lunch. Emily saw how hard they were trying to make her feel better.

"Prentiss, you know we're here for you, right?" Derek pats her shoulder. "I'm not forcing anything, but if you ever wanna open up, to any of us, we'll be here."

She nods and smiles. "I know, that's what I love about each of you. You guys welcomed me and to me, you've become family."

JJ gives Emily a hug. "Hey, of course, we're family. Family who always looks after each other."

"Why don't we go out tonight? Maybe hang out at Rossi's if he's good with that?" Emily asks, as the man walks out from his office.

All eyes are on him and he throws his hands up. "Uh oh, what did I do?"

"Would you mind if we spent some time at your house this evening?" Emily questions. "Maybe you can cook us some of your famous carbonara."

"Okay, if Dave's cooking some carbonara, this must be a party," a voice expresses.

The team turns around toward the door to see Haley, smiling. "Sorry, can't pass up on carbonara."

Emily's then smile, drops into a neutral one. "Ah yes, Rossi speaks so very highly of his pasta. I thought it may be time for me to try it. To settle if it's that good."

"Oh trust me Emily," Haley chuckles, walking up to the group. "It's one of the best I've ever had."

"We'll see about that," Emily jokes.

Rossi gives Haley a hug. "No wonder why Aaron loves you."

Emily turns back to her desk and continues her paperwork, her colleagues mingling behind her.

Aaron opens his office door and Haley heads up there. Before he closes the door, he makes eye contact with Emily before she quickly looks away.

The decision was final, everyone would be heading to Rossi's after work for some drinks and pasta.

Although it was her idea, she didn't want to go anymore. She felt drained and just wanted to curl up in bed.

Morgan broke her train of thought as he tapped her shoulder. "Hey, you coming?"