XV

trigger warnings: mentions of drugs

"Kiddo? What are you doing here so early?"

Spencer turns around to see Rossi standing right behind him. "A Portuguese Proverb once said, 'Early sleep and early wake up gives health and makes you grow.'"

"Sorry Reid, but it's way too early to listen to quotes," Rossi groans. "Is there coffee brewing?"

"Yes," Spencer watches Rossi as he walks toward the coffee pot. "Late night?"

"Remind me not to go out when I have work the next day," Rossi rubs his head.

Reid nods. "Will do. But you never listen to what we say unless it's a case."

"Because that's my job," Rossi picks up the pot and pours his second coffee into a mug. "I'm a profiler and you are too."

"Are you still drunk?" Reid's eyebrow arches in curiousness.

"No, and frankly these consequences are not worth it," Rossi begins to head to his office.

"Then stop!" Reid shouts before Rossi could close his door.

Rossi chuckles. "It's just too good!"

Spencer grins and gets back to his chess game. His smile slowly turns into a frown. He continues to play, occasionally rubbing his eyes and occupying himself before the rest of the team comes.

It was currently 7am, and he's been there since 1am. He's been struggling with a lot of things so he decided to head to the BAU to take his mind off of them. The janitor was kind enough to let him in, telling him that he had unfinished paperwork that needed to be completed. By 3am, he was the only person left in the building.

And by now, he was getting frustrated that he now had more on his plate, seeing Emily and Hotch last night.

A couple hours later and everyone was in the Round Table room, there was a new case and everyone was being briefed.

"Alright, wheels up in 30," Hotch walks out the door, Emily and Morgan walk out after him, chatting. Rossi and Penelope head down to the coffee pot, making their last coffee before take off.

"Spence, you okay?" JJ touches his shoulder.

He nods. "Yeah, you want to head to the jet?"

She agrees and soon enough, the whole team arrives and heads toward Arizona.

The team disperses and later catches up with each other at the police station. Spencer tries to help out as much as he can but he felt like his brain was going to explode. Like he needed to get these thoughts out.

Deciding that they should start fresh the next day, everyone heads to the hotel and gets ready for bed. As for Spencer, he sat on his bed, thinking of what he should do.

He walks to his carry on and opens it up. He picks up a much smaller bag and opens it.

He sighed as he stared at the needle and small bottle. Reid turns the bottle around, reading the label.

Dilaudid.

He closes his hand with the bottle and gets up.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Opening the door, there stood Reid, head bowed down.

"Hey Reid," Emily asks, leaning on the door. "Did you need something?"

"I need help."

Emily chuckles. "With what? You're like the smartest person I know. You never need help."