II

trigger warnings: mentions of ABUSE

"So Princess, how'd you like your first case?"

"Hmm, 'Princess', shouldn't you be calling Garcia that?"

The team walks out of the elevator, Hotch walking straight into the BAU, not saying anything to the team. The case was successful, the child was safely returned to the parents and the unsub was locked up.

Hotch never really said anything to Emily, except for instructing her to team up with Reid. The two were stuck at the station, Reid creating a geographic profile while she reviewed evidence from the crime scenes.

And even if Hotch were to show up, he was constantly on the phone.

But it wasn't Emily's problem, her mind was figuring out whether her abusive fíance was still at home or he was plotting to hurt her again. She tried to take her mind off of Ian, and rather focus on her new-coworkers.

Then again, she couldn't take her mind off of Ian. He hurt her, and she had to walk with one leg in pain. It was something she could handle but at times, she grew tired. When they presented the case to the local police officers or was talking to anyone, she always sat down to make sure she doesn't slip a wince while talking. This is Emily's new normal.

Derek shakes his finger, as a no. "Actually, Garcia is my Queen."

"So...are you two a thing or something?"

Penelope walks out from behind the corner. "Hi my favorite furry friends! And no Prentiss, he's just my protector."

"You got that right," Morgan kisses her cheek. "So... are we making any plans tonight? JJ?"

JJ pulls her bag up to her shoulder. "Sorry guys, I can't tonight. I'm missing Henry, especially after this case."

After announcing the case, Jennifer Jareau introduces herself to Emily, as the communications liaison. She insists to be called JJ to make it easier. On the jet, she explains that she has a 9 month old son and a boyfriend home with him.

"Oh he's got a heavy Southern accent."

JJ scoffs. "And I think it's hot. You got a problem with it Garcia? I can end this call with one click."

The group chuckles. "That's not what I meant, JJ. You know that!"

"I'm playing jokes with you, Babygirl," JJ mimics Morgan. "For now, I'll be the communications liaison and maybe some day in the future, I'll be a profiler."

Emily nods as she watches the group converse.

"Tell Henry his Uncle Spence misses him," Reid says. "Actually, don't tell him that because he doesn't know what you're saying."

"It's okay Spence, he's only 9 months old," JJ reassures him. "He knows who his Uncle Spence is."

Rossi interrupts them. "Why don't you kids go home? I'll talk to Hotch and we'll do reports tomorrow."

"Thank you Italian Stallion!" Garcia bellows, as she and Morgan walk around the corner. "See you tomorrow!"

Everyone waves goodbye, JJ enters the elevator, Rossi walks into the BAU, leaving Spencer and Emily alone.

"What's your form of transportation?" Emily asks.

"The metro," Spencer says. "I don't really like driving, unless it's an emergency."

Emily nods as the two stand awkwardly. "Would you like a ride? I know you just met me but I'm offering."

"I'd like that, thank you."