VII

The next couple weeks were a continuous routine. Either it was back to back cases, or just paperwork. And some how, even for the team, the paperwork would always pile up. But finally, they found time for themselves.

"We hittin the bar tonight?"

"Oh yes, Chocolate Thunder!" Penelope squeals. "We've been so busy, and plus this is going to be our first time out with Emily!"

Emily frowns internally. "I'm sorry, Penelope. I can't tonight."

"Come on Emily," JJ nudges her with her elbow. "We're all going, I'll bring Will. Hotch can bring Haley."

"Sorry to be a killjoy, but I don't want to get drunk tonight," Emily sighs.

Penelope rubs Emily's shoulder. "That's okay, my love. We can go get some dinner instead, and maybe go dancing if we'd like."

Emily nods. "I'd really like that, PG."

"And I'm paying," Rossi puts his hands up. "Just to be safe, does anyone need a ride?"

Everyone shakes their head. "Well, I'll go let Hotch know and we'll meet at that fancy restaurant at the corner of Madden. Let's all get fancied up and we'll meet there in 2 hours?"

The team agrees and disperses, leaving Rossi to let Hotch know the plans.

About 2 hours later, most of the team has arrived. Before getting ready, Garcia made reservations to make it more easier. Rossi gave her two cheek kisses for it. "What would I do without you?"

Garcia blushes, as the waitress ushers them to take a seat. 10 minutes pass by, and Hotch and Haley walk through the door. "Sorry, we're late."

"Aaron couldn't find a simple tie," Haley teases. "Is this everyone who will be joining us tonight?"

"Prentiss will, but we haven't heard from her since earlier," Morgan comments. "Babygirl?"

Penelope pouts. "Honey, you know me. I've been trying to reach her but she isn't answering my calls or texts. I'll try her one more time, and if she doesn't answer, we'll start ordering."

"Good because I'm starving," JJ groans.

The team hears ringing and eyes turn towards the walkway. Emily fiddles with her purse as she stands in front of the table. "Sorry, I had a hard time finding parking."

"Princess," Morgan stares in disbelief. "You look stunning."

"Damn right. Red is so your color!" Penelope exclaims. "Come sit next to me."

Emily smiles as she smoothes her dress down before sitting down between Penelope and Spencer. She wore a red, off the shoulder dress, which matched her red bottoms and her lipstick. This dress was something out of her comfort zone but she stuck with it.

"Shall we order now?" Rossi asks.

The group orders and receives their food, and makes small conversation. Emily and Hotch were on opposite sides of the table, the only interaction they had was making eye contact and it was just for a second. Either they were eating, or the two were talking to different people.

"Man, I wish I brought a date tonight," Penelope sighs. "Look at JJ and Will, Bossman and Haley, Rossi and his money."

"Babygirl, what about me? I drove you here." Morgan notes.

"I'm sorry Chocolate Thunder, but I didn't forget about you, of course. But me and Emily are the only two single girls here tonight," Penelope replies.

Haley looks up from eating her pasta, Hotch noticing as she takes a sip of water before speaking. "Wait Emily, aren't you in a relationship?"

She slightly chokes on her food, eyes were all on her. Even Spencer was intrigued with this sudden topic.