VIII

More weeks have gone by. Still nothing from Ian but the amount of cases that they've been getting recently have been occupying Emily.

"What is it this time?" Emily scoffs, as she looks through the tablet.

She settles herself at the very end of the couch. The jet always made her feel hot and musty that she couldn't sit next to someone and if she did, she'd start sweating. The heat put her in a bad mood, hence the attitude.

"Michigan," Hotch replies in a morning voice. "I got a call from one of the police departments there and they need our help."

"Are you serious?" Emily asks. "I'm not even prepared for the weather?"

"It's mid-May Prentiss, it won't be as cold," Rossi butts in. "And if it is, then we can stop by a local store and get you the things you need."

She nods before groaning. "Why does it have to be so damn hot in this plane?"

"Someone's on her period," Morgan snickers.

"My period won't stop me from beating your ass," Emily claps back, leaving Penelope laughing on the computer screen.

"She got you there Honey."

Derek chuckles. "Okay Sweetness, we get it. Can you brief us before she actually does beat my ass?"

"Fine... but before I do," Penelope stops herself. "JJ, don't forget to send me a video of our Em beating him up."

The team laughs, except for Hotch who's scrolling on his tablet. "Okay that's enough. Garcia?"

She nods as everyone follows on their tablets.

The day goes by pretty quickly, most of it due to traveling. The town was rather small and secluded, making it harder but easier for the team to narrow down their list of suspects. Emily was more relaxed once they landed, she wasn't hot anymore but she did feel tired since she didn't get any sleep on the plane.

There was no need for her to buy thick clothes for her either, by the time they arrived, it was a sunny day with a warm breeze. And they went straight to work.

As night comes around, the team hops in the SUVs and gets to the motel they're staying at.

"You have got to be kidding me."

"Sorry Agent. Your team is bigger than my department," the head of police said.

Hotch nods in disappointment. "Looks like we all have to buddy up."

"I'm not sleeping with Reid," Morgan puts his hands up in the air.

"Fine, I'll sleep in your room," Rossi calls out. "And just so you know we're not sharing the bed".

Emily looks over to JJ and Spencer, Spencer helping out by carrying her bags. She already knew who she was left with. She turns to him.

"Just great. So... me and you I guess."

Hotch nods. "Yeah."

The two head off to their room, Emily dreading this as she step foot inside. She groans as she sees only one bed, she knew what they were going to have to talk about. She sets her belongings onto a chair and stretches before turning around. "Do you want to use the bathroom first?"

"Ladies first," Hotch calls out. "I can go after."

They agree and Hotch settles in as Emily takes a shower. After an hour, both are clean and ready for bed. "I can take the floor."