I

trigger warnings: ABUSE (please be careful when reading!)

"You really did it."

"I —"

"How could you? Get the fuck away from me!"

"You bitch, come back here!"

"You're hurting me, Ian. Let go of me!"

Anger fills the air. Heavy breaths are taken by Lauren Reynolds, who's in the other corner of the room. It's currently 2am in the morning, and her fiancé just punched her.

He lets go, letting Lauren curls up the in the corner, hugging her legs.

"I'm sorry, love. I didn't mean to punch you."

She scoffs. "You just called me a bitch and you didn't mean to punch me? What's the truth Ian?"

"I've just had a long day okay? And you adding on to my problems didn't help," Ian leans on the wall.

"I'm a problem? When did I become a nuisance to you?"

Ian looks at the woman, in the corner. "Ever since —"

"How long is this going to continue? We're constantly arguing even when it's about nothing," Lauren cries out. "This is going on for too long. And I've had enough."

"You're just going to leave me?" Ian shouts. "I've provided for us for the past couple years. I'm the one working and yet you're so ungrateful. This is bullshit, Lauren. Fucking bullshit."

"Look what you've done to me," Lauren whimpers, pulling up her sleeves and her pants. She reveals bruises from previous fights they've had. "Are you not gonna feel sorry for me or for yourself?"

"I can't do this tonight," Ian walks over to their bed and grabs pillows and a blanket. "I'm sleeping on the couch tonight. Cover that up with some makeup or something. Your first day is later today."

He slams the door, jolting the room. She cries, gently touching her new bruises. She tries to stand but needs assistance from her nearby night stand. She tries to lean on her left leg but it's in pain after Ian kicked her, making her fall down. She limps to the bathroom and she gets a look at herself in the mirror.

What happened Lauren? Why'd you let it get this bad?

She groans as she limps back to her bed. She slowly slips her leg under the covers and tucks herself in. She turns off the light and lays down. She winces as she touches her bruises in the dark.

In pain, she finally falls asleep.

Lauren looks at herself from her car's reflection. She looks at her face to see if any bruises that can be seen. She covered them well with foundation and a lot of powder.

Before picking up her box filled with items for her desk, she fixes her black long sleeve, making sure that she doesn't show that much cleavage. And to also make sure that none of her arm bruises show.

Finally heading into the elevator, she presses the number 6 button. Her jacket is set on her right arm. Holding the box, her go bag is in it too. She places the box down and checks her phone to see if her fiancé has texted. Walking out of the house this morning, she had to minimize her sound, she didn't want any more yelling or bruises before she went off to work.

The elevator dings, picking up the box before walking out. She looks around. Lauren tries to put her phone away into her pocket but fails with her other hand and arms being occupied.