III

"So... to commemorate Emily's first couple of weeks here at Quantico, shall we have a girls day?"

Emily looks at Penelope. "Garcia, we don't have to do that."

"Of course we do!" Penelope then frowns. "Do you not want to?"

From her first week, it took her a couple of moments to realize everyone's personality. Garcia's was pretty easy to determine. She was the sweetest and most sensitive gal but she's pretty tough. According to Morgan, she doesn't like change so as Emily sees it, this change was good.

As everyone eyes her, she gives in. "Fine... but will there be alcohol involved?"

"Oh my God, you're my new best friend! Of course there will!"

JJ pouts. "Hey, what about me!"

Penelope gives her a side hug. "The three of us will be best friends, and we'll be unstoppable."

"And what about us guys? You're just leaving us out?" Derek asks.

"What if we have a team night tonight... maybe at Rossi's house? And then us girls will have our own day... maybe next week?" Penelope suggests.

Rossi groans. "Then we'll have to ask Hotch if he'll let us go early."

They all look up at his office, he's busy at work. No wonder why he's not being very social, especially with his new co-worker. In the span of a couple of weeks, Emily and Hotch rarely spoke to each other, other than what was related to the cases they had.

And this gave Emily a bad impression of him. What was the point of hiring her if he wasn't going to speak to her? Was he mad that Strauss made him hire her? Was he still missing Elle?

"Prentiss, why don't you go ask him," Derek asks. "He's easy on the newbies."

"Alright," Emily takes the offer.

What could go so wrong with asking?

She knocks on the door and waits to be called.

"Come in."

She takes a deep breath before walking in. "Agent Hotchner. Do you think the team could head out early? We were planning on —"

"Stop right there," Hotch interrupts. "You're here to do a job. And you're just a newbie. You should be here until your time out. Just because you're new doesn't mean I'm going to give you leeway to do whatever the hell you want. I don't see anyone else asking me if they can leave early? So it doesn't give you a reason to. We don't have a case so stick to paperwork like everyone else. Now... is that all?"

The phone rings, breaking the silence and bad tension between the two. Hotch picks it up.

"Yeah. We'll be there."

Emily mutters under her breath. "Spoke to soon."

As he sets down the phone, he looks at her. "Something you need to say, Prentiss?"

"No Sir. I am just fine," Prentiss declares, walking out and slamming his door closed.

She walks down the stairs where the rest of the team is waiting for her. "What happened?"

"We have a case," Emily scoffs.

The group disperses and they prepare to head into the Round Table room.

After a short brief, they determined it was a local case so there's no need for their go bags. Emily's still pissed from the attitude Hotch gave her by asking a simple question. He could've simply said no, but he wanted to be a bitch about it.