The insect and water's tale

Start from the beginning

Wait....

A butterfly hairpin...

Giyu looked closely at her and to his suprise, she looked exactly like the woman he see's in his dreams, she has the exact same hairpin and those eyes are unmistakable. His eyes widen in shock at the realisation. 

Shinobu noticed the look of shock on his normally expressionless face. 

"Is there anything wrong tomioka-sensei?" She asked, puzzled. She even sounded the same.

"....you look-" he tried to explain but is failing. 

"Look like what?" 

"You look like the woman in my dreams. You even sound alike." Now shinobu looked befuddled and suprised at the same time. 

'I look and sound like this person sensei is dreaming....' she thought in absolute confusion. 

Wait a minute. When shinobu thought about it, giyu also looks like the man she keeps seeing in those dreams, also sounded the same. She gasped in understanding. 

"Sensei you, you look like the man in my dreams also. Same hairstyle, blue eyes and voice." 

The area became quiet, just the birds in sky chirping. To the both of them, this seemed like fate right now.

Before another word can be uttered between either of them, a burning feeling came forth from their smallest fingers. And for the first time, they saw something. 

It is a red string, connecting one to the other. 

Her mouth trembled, his eyes wide. 

As they lay their eyes upon this physical representation that they are fated to one another, memories flooded into their heads, like flowing water. Memories of the past, memories of their lives before this one and all the feelings that came with it. 

When they looked into each other's gazes, shinobu gave a smile, happy and relieved to finally understand what was going through her mind. It was her past memories wanting to break free. 

She slowly raised her hand, not breaking eye contact with the one she's loves, and brought it to his face and placed it on his cheek, his skin warm under her touch. 

With no moon in sight, because its afternoon, but she had to utter these words. 

"The moon is lovely tonight isn't it?" 

Giyu gave a half smile, a rarity in the past, but not in this life. 

"Yes it is..." 

He responded and proceeded to hug her tightly, not wanting to let go. She laughed, loudly and melodic. Several tears dripped from her eyes in contentment, though oxygen supply is running out from how hard he's embracing her. 

"Tomioka-san~" her voice high from excitement. "I can't breathe, mind easing up a little~" she laughed into his ear. Giyu, however ignored her plea and locked his arms around her tighter. 

"...i will not let you go, ever again." Her hair muffled his voice but she still heard him quite clearly. Her heart swelled at his words. 

She laughed once more, it was more somber than the last one. 

"Aren't you glad we found each other again... tomioka-san, i have missed you, so very much." She admitted into his shirt. 

Eventually, he pulled away to look at her face. Just exactly what he finally remembered. It wasn't snippets of moments, its the whole piece. Similarly, shinobu is also having the same revelation. No demons, no risking their lives, being able to finally live the life her sister wanted for her long ago, to marry someone she loves...