I pause as I glance back at her, before I resume preparing spaghetti bolognese. "My former master gave it to me. He's the leader of the dark guild Dark Star, which was disbanded a long time ago, after my friends and your father came to rescue me. He'd sought after me for my powers and had tortured me. He'd also have me under his Mind Control Magic almost all the time."

I'd never told Ariel this before, so I figured I would now, especially since she'd asked me.

"Was daddy your first love?" Erza asks.

"Well, between you and me, I'd kind of had a crush on Gray, when I was 11 years old. Even despite his terrible stripping habits," I say sheepishly.

Kai says in surprise, "You and Uncle Gray?!"

I nod. "For me and your father, though, it was love at first sight. That was when the mate bond of a Dragon Slayer and their mate was forged, though neither Rogue nor I realised it at the time. We'd just felt the connection. You'll go through pretty much the same thing, when you've found your mate, sweetie."

"How will I know?" Ariel questions, tilting her head.

"Oh, trust me. You will."

As I was draining the pasta, the front door to our two storey house opens. We turn as Ariel gasps happily. By the way her pink eyes light up, I know it's Rogue.

"Daddy's back!!" Ariel squeals, jumping out of her seat and racing for the door. She's usually a quiet child, though she can be energetic, especially around her father, for Ariel is a daddy's girl. Those two are extremely close.

"Hey, sweetheart! How's my girl been?" Rogue asks as I set down the drainer and go to the main hallway, picking up Erza and Kai along the way, smiling in relief at him, our daughter held in his arms.

I'd given birth to Erza and Kai just three years ago, on December 1st, after I'd found out I was pregnant with twins in April.

I knew then, that when I learned one of them was a girl, I'd name her after my sister figure, Erza Scarlet, who gave birth to a son named Hiro.

Natsu and Lucy gave birth to a daughter named Nashi, and Gray and Juvia had a son named Storm. Gajeel and Levy have two adorable twins. Wendy has married Romeo, and they have a son named Finn who uses Flame Dragon Slayer Magic, just like his father.

"We've been really good! I'm so glad you made it back safely!" Ariel says.

"Welcome back home, my love," I greet him, and Rogue looks up as he smiles at the three of us.

"Hey, Angel, Erza, Kai," Rogue says before he sets Ariel down and comes over to hug us.

"We've missed you, daddy!" They say in unison.

Rogue kisses me sweetly before he pulls away, smiling brightly.

I was relieved he's home.

Rogue asks, sniffing, "Is that spaghetti?"

I nod as I start to go back into the kitchen, Rogue following behind with Ariel in his arms once more. "It certainly is. You're home just in time."

I finish making dinner while Rogue goes to wash up and I have the table all set by the time he returns. Then, we all dig in.

The year X807....

13 years have passed and I'm currently training with my kids along with my husband, who is sparring with Ariel. She also wields a non magical katana that was a gift for her 12th birthday from her father. Sakura and Yuki are training in their Snow and Fire Magics with Loki and Momo nearby.