West Coast

32

Delilah

I inhale and smile widely as I take in the bright sun and I kick my legs up on the couch. "What a nice day." I mutter and smile even more widely as I think of all the naughty things Piper did to me last night in the treehouse. "Ah." I repeat. "What a nice day, indeed."

I grunt as I fall on the freshly cut grass. I snatch my shades off my face and look up at the intruder.

"You're insane if you think I'm carrying your stuff inside." Aiden hisses while trying to balance a few boxes in his hand.

I frown. "You're literally gonna be living here for free hobo."

"Delilah, shut-up." Lily screams from the moving truck. "—Aiden's right. We're not carrying your shit inside."

I groan and roll my eyes. It was my idea to pay movers but Lily wanted to save the extra cash for emergency purposes. The house we decided to rent was pretty aged. It was a nice size and not too far from campus but most of the homes that was close to campus was considered historical and there was always minimum renovation. I finally stand and dust myself off. We didn't have much left and from the boys, that's been riding their bikes a couple of times around the block—it didn't take much to convince them to help me bring my things inside.

Lily rolls her eyes but Aiden and I sit on the couch in the living room together and enjoy the show together. "A little more to the right." Aiden directs as he sips his lemonade out of a straw. I smirk knowing that he is actually not that bad when he is being himself.

Finally, the boys leave and Aiden attempts at inviting them over for dinner later to repay them. I roll my eyes at the scene—I doubt the boy can cook. He escort them to the door and then collapse onto the couch, kicking his feet up that is covered in power puff girl socks.

"I never knew moving was such hard work." He sigh.

"Yeah, I agree. I'm never doing this again." I mutter also kicking my feet up on the table. "I wish I had some weed but Miranda is coming tomorrow and she will kill all of us—" I scowl. "Not that I know anyone around here anyway."

"I know a guy." Aiden replies flicking on the TV. "—and we can smoke in the back."

I was just about to respond but Lily comes and breaks up the conversation. "Hell no." She scowls. "We have until tomorrow to get everything settled before mom and Miranda come. If this place is not to their liking, we will never hear the end of it—"

I groan annoyed and even Aiden looks slightly bothered.

"Yeah yeah." Lily crosses her arms. "Complain all you want but do you want mom popping up every week to bring us food and random stuff because she thinks we're living in poor conditions."

I pause and actually consider Lily's warning. Mom can be overbearing sometimes. She called me every night for a straight month when I moved to Mexico with Nicole and if I didn't answer she flooded my phone with messages and called Nicole just to make sure I was okay. I really didn't need her having a reason to drive here just to cook dinner and interrupt our personal space. She'll actually move in if we gave her the opportunity. While having mom do our laundry and cook dinner every night sounds nice—it wasn't. We would not be able to breathe without her jumping down our—actually my throat about something.

"You're right." I nudge Aiden's head off my shoulder. "Ew. Move."

Aiden smiles and sticks his tongue out at me. "It's going to be amazing annoying you every day, roomie."