Major Changes & Major Decisions

31

Piper

"You did what?" Delilah snarls.

I flinch next to her. Gosh. It was too early for this. Lily just sits unaffected as Delilah have a tantrum about Aiden moving in.

"How will he afford to stay with us?" Delilah pushes. "Did you think of that?"

"We will split his half." Lily shrugs. "You know Rose pays most of our rent so don't make it seem as if it's not possible."

Delilah rolls her eyes, "You trust him enough to move in with us?"

"No." Lily sigh. "But, this is his best chance. One year and then he is gone. That is enough time for him to find a job and get his shit together. Hopefully, by then he will re-establish his relationship with his father—

"—Okay, well. Where will he stay?" Delilah scowls. "The basement?"

"He can have my room." I finally insert myself.

Delilah chuckles, leans over, and plants a huge kiss on my lips. "I know we'll be together most of the time babe but you don't have to give up your room for Aiden." She spats his name like acid.

"No." I look away from her eyes. "I was planning to tell you sooner but things kept coming up." I pause. "I've decided to get my own place."

The room becomes silent. Lily arches her eyebrow before slowly excusing herself from the room.

"Why?" Delilah scowls. "Is it because of Aiden?"

"What—no." I frown. "I just don't think it's a good idea to be bunking together so soon."

"Why not?" Delilah pushes. "I thought this is what you wanted. I thought you were happy being with me."

"Yeah, well remember what happened the last time you moved in with your girlfriend." I pause and frown. That did not come out as I wanted it to. "Look. I just do not want us to move so quickly—

"You're not Nicole." Delilah frown.

"I know." I crinkle my nose. "But this is my first year of college and I think I'll get the best experience by having my own apartment."

Delilah scowl, "What do you mean by getting the best experience—

"I just rather be on campus my first year, Delilah."

Delilah crinkle her nose, "Fine. Nerd."

I lean over and plant a kiss onto her lips. "I'll still be over every other night."

"Every night." Delilah whispers against my lips pushing me down onto the bed.

The next few days are hell. We sit in the car and debate on finding the best way to get into Aiden's father's house to grab some of his things.

"Do you think this is worth it?" Delilah mutters from the backseat.

"My lucky golden floral shirt is in there. I need my things." Aiden replies from the front seat.

Delilah rolls her eyes and snort, "Please burn your entire closet and start over."

"I'm poor now." Aiden scowls. "I've come to accept that." Aiden pops open the door and does a mock twirl. "But I refuse to be poor and unfashionable."

Everyone in the car begins to laugh and Aiden gives us all a heated stare. "Are you all coming to help or not?"

We all sneak in through the back. There is a key hidden in one of the pots. The home is empty and cold. It seems as if no life is ever here. We head up the spiral stairs and approach the room. Aiden opens the door and he gasps at what he sees. All of his things are packed in the center of the room. The posters on the wall are all rolled up and placed in the corner. The bed has no sheets on them and the furniture and drum-set are covered by thick white sheets.