Chapter 24

Rachel

"We're gonna need you to hold for at least 10 seconds okay?"

I tried to focus on pushing this baby out.

"It hurts, "

"I know baby and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. But you're gonna have to push okay?"

"Okay, "

"Look at me, "

And I did. Eyes on him.

"Okay and in three, two, one push, "

"Ahhhhhh, " I screamed feeling my flesh tear.

"You got this honey. You're doing great, "

"I see a head, " a doctor said.

"Come on honey push we're almost there, "

"Again, " a doctor said

And I pushed as hard as I could taking a deep breath when I hear her crying.

"She's out and she's healthy, " a doctor said. I couldn't see who was who.

My chest slightly hurts and I think I'm seeing stars.

"Talk to me, " Matt said pulling my face towards his.

I couldn't. Too many things were happening at once with my body.

The doctors said it was safe enough for me to have the baby naturally so natural was the way to go. Matt was hesitant at first but a little convincing went a long way.

"Rachel talk to me, " Matt said his voice getting stern

Not wanting to worry him anymore I nodded. "I'm okay, " I said the tears running down my cheeks. We did it.

"Here she is mom and dad, " one of the doctors said placing her on my chest.

"She's here, " Matt said trying not to tear up himself.

"Do we have a name?"

We looked at each other.

"Matt you name her, "

"Faith, " he whispered looking down at her.

"Faith Lilibet Mconner, " I said completing her name

"Perfect, " he said in return. He leaned down and kissed her " Your name means Trust God's promise. Faith meaning trust. Lilibet meaning God's promise, "

We looked at each other my eyes burning with tears.

"When I thought I couldn't love you anymore, " he whispered.

I smiled.

"So her name?" the doctor said interrupting our moment.

"Fath Lilibet Mconner, " Matt said speaking clearer so she could hear.

"Great!" she said and moved along.

I silently thanked the Lord for a healthy delivery. 2 hours in active labor with this little one. 9 months of pain. I would do it all over again.

I looked up at Matt my hand reaching for his.

"9 months of all this only for her to look just like you, "

He smiled.

"Not entirely true. She has your eyes, and your nose, " he said pecking her nose.

My heart warmed at the sight. "I love you, "

He looked back up at me placing a kiss on my mouth before saying "I love you too, "

"Alright parents we're gonna need to take her and clean her up so we can start the skin to skin process, "

I let them take her and cut the cord.

"Are you okay?" Matt asked.

Am I?

"Yeah, " I smiled up at him. "I'm more than okay, "  

"Good, "

They finished cleaning Fath up and I had to clean up myself as well. I got diagnosed with second-degree tears and bed rest for the next six weeks. A small price I had to pay for her.

Faith Lilibet Mconner born on February 3rd, 2017 at 2:33 am.

I don't know if I'll ever be pregnant again. I don't know if I'll be blessed enough to experience another pregnancy but I've had the opportunity to experience it at least once and I'm very grateful.

"Hey babe?" Matt said his eyes closed rocking our daughter back and forth.

"Yes love?"

"Six weeks, "

"Oh dear, " I said smiling. Six weeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I was so indecisive about her name. Now I've fallen in love with it 😩. Welcome to the world Faith.