Chapter 31: RUDE AWAKENING

Sandra and Laila stand there in shock at Georgi's confession. Laila can't believe it. Looking around, she sees the faces of all of King Stephan's women, but none of them seemed surprised.

No way...

"Yes," Regina says as if reading her mind.

"Since you came into this castle, as the king's woman, I only laid with him once after that. He called your name while he moved inside me. I thought I was the only one, but over time as I saw the ladies turn bitter to you, I realized, I wasn't."

Laila shakes her head, in disbelief. She is the king's, 7th woman. He took three more women after her. She was heartbroken when he did because she thought he felt the same way for her. Does that mean...Turning to Amice, she says, "Amice?"

The ash-blonde nods with a tight smile, before saying, "Even the first time he did it."

Covering her mouth she watches as her 'enemies' stare at her.

Now she understands.

When the king had called Saya while he was inside her, it hurt so much that she decided she hated Saya without even meeting her. But these women, they had to see the woman that Stephan called out to when he was inside them, every day!

Tears fall down Georgi's eyes as she says, "That's why...I was...always happy when he was mad at you...because then I thought-"

"He would call my name...when he was inside me," Ginger says, completing her sentence.

This news is too much for her.

"Every time I was with him, it was Laila this, and Laila that!" Quinn adds.

"The day after he had come back from Moore, from the celebrations, he only asked about you, and if you were okay. It seemed like he didn't want anyone to know about his feelings, so he told me he was going to make you jealous because he was angry that he was thinking about you," May says, biting her lip.

Laila remembers him calling Saya's name, and talking about her...so he did it on purpose...to make her jealous?

"But...why are you friends with me...if he did the same thing-"

"I'm not petty Laila," Garnet says.

"Neither am I," Sarah adds.

"I have a man that treats me well," Regina shrugs.

"I don't even love the king so I don't care," Amice admits, making everyone look at her.

Amice chuckles, "What? I've said it before. I only became his woman because of security. I was not safe where I was before. I like being in the castle, surrounded by guards, and money."

Wow...even Laila did not know that, except for the money part.

Mara says nothing, watching as everyone confesses.

"I'm sorry, I am truly sorry," Laila says, confusing them. They watch as she takes Sandra's hand, leaving them, and heading up the stairs.

Laila is sorry...because their confessions only made her love the king all over again. She's sorry that she's happy the king loves her so much that he would talk about her all the time, and call her name while inside his other women...she was terribly sorry.

"You can go back to your quarters Sandra, I need to see the king," she says, as she washes up from the gardening she did.

"My Lady, don't bother. I'll stay till you get back."

"It's been a long day, you can go," she urges her friend.

Hesitantly, Sandra leaves, while she makes her way up to the king's chambers. Knocking on the door, he does not respond, but she cannot wait so she walks inside, seeing him standing with a cloth around his waist. He had just finished his bath.