Alberto pov

⚠️tw needle and blood mention

Me and the doctor arrive to Lucas room, it's maybe and there's a curtain surrounding his bed. The room is quiet expect the beeping of the heart monitor, few tears escape my eyes as I listen to the beeping get louder and louder until the doctor speaks up. "Your friend.. He's a sea person, did you know that?" I smile slightly liking the fact he didn't call him a monster, "yeah, we both are. That's how we met" I say my voice breaking towards the end of my sentence. The doctor raises his eyebrows but not saying anything, "I have to put this in your arm, it'll only hurt for a minute" he says and I nod. Nothing would ever hurt as bad as my heart does knowing there is a change that my best friend would die, I barely flinch as the doctor interests the needle. He sucks up some blood and then removed the needle, "thank you son, stay here I'll come back when the test is done" he says and stands then walks out. I try to stay still and sit where I should probably stay, but my heart was telling me 'go to him!' I couldn't help myself. I carefully stand and walk over towards the hospital bed, I take a deep breath and slowly push back the curtain. There he was, his hair was messy and his head was tilted the way I couldn't see it. "Hi Luca" I said and sat down in a chair that was right next to the bed, "I never got a chance to thank you, for saving my life" my voice was low and quiet. "Why did you do that? You're so crazy!" I says raising my voice then I took a deep breath, "You didn't need to prove anything by doing it.. So why? Did you think I wasn't strong enough or do you really just care.. That much about me?" Tears fall down my cheeks leaving my purple scales in there place.  "Remember when we met?" I laugh sadly, "you were so scared of everything..I kinda thought it was sweet, I liked showing you that not everyone was dangerous or bad..I liked being that hero for you. I think that's why I didn't want you to go to school, because then you wouldn't need me.." I admitted and reached for his hand that was cold to the touch. "When we met Guilia I thought she'd be your new hero, that's why I got so mad..I guess I wanted you all to myself." I laughed again, this feels ridiculous but it's helping a lot. "You're just that kind of person who's just.. Good to be around" I say and think back over all our memories. "Remember when we used to watch the fish together.." I say and then think about how he used to grab my arm or hand or even when he'd grab onto me. We were always so close to reach other, I guess we just liked getting close to each other, and feeling each other. After a few minutes of sobbing quietly realization kicked in, my cheeks turn red and I put a hand over my mouth. "I.." I try to say, my heart beating overwhelmingly fast, "I think..I like you Luca. Like more than a friend.." I say and then think about it again, yes, it all makes so much more sense. The way we were always touching each other, the way I wanted us to ride away together, the way I got so jealous and hated being away from you. "I like like you Luca" I say then realize that he's asleep and I'll have to explain all this again. Unless he doesn't wake up- silencio Bruno!! He will wake up, I'll see him again and I'll tell him how I feel. But isn't that bad? For a boy to like another boy? But if it's love then why would it be bad? If I'm attracted to a boy than I'm not gonna be sorry for that, but what if me getting this way ruins everything. I take a deep breathe and sigh, maybe I should sing sound to calm myself? My head goes to my favorite song, the song my mother sang to me before my father took me to the island. I smile and stroke Luca's hair, as I begin to sing. (The song linked above is the one Alberto sings!) Tears stream down my cheeks as I realize my feelings were more than liking him, I was in love with Luca. I love him more than I've ever loved anything, he was my hero and he saved my life more than once. He saved me from a life of loneliness and isolation, he saved me from Ercole during the race and he saved my today. He was the hero all along, "I love you Luca." I say after I'm done singing my lullaby to him.

Maybe I should ask Guilia for help, my mind goes 1000 miles a minute but I'm interrupted by the doctor walking in with a smile on his face. I smile at him, "it's a match, you're lucky too. I think it's because of your sea monster genes!" The doctor says almost amazed, "we can save him?" I ask tears flowing from my eyes leaving purple streaks on my cheeks. "If we could just take a bit more, then Luca will be good as new. He's the luckiest boy alive, without this blood he couldn't have lived. You saved his life, that makes you his hero." The doctor says and I looked at Luca, "he saved mine first, he's the hero". After the doctors take some of my blood and give me some food to help my dizziness, I walk to the waiting room to see the families again. Daniela runs up to me, "how is he?!" She says and sees the bandage on my arm. "Was it..?" She starts and I nod. She weeps with joy and hugs me tightly, "you saved my baby! Thank you! Thank you Alberto!" I smile wide, the praise making me feel happy. "I'd do anything for Luca" I say and she lets go of me and Papà and Guilia hug me as well, "we told to the police about Ercole, they're finding him now" Guilia says and Massimo nods, "everything will be alright now" says Papà. "I'm going to come visit him every day until he gets up" I  say that it's okay with everyone of I do that and everyone agrees that it's alright,  I'm already counting the days till you wake up Luca.

____________________________________________

Two chapters in one day?! I just couldn't leave this on a bad note and if course I didn't want this to be too angsty, I hope this chapter was cute and good! Thank you eljayalltheway for the inspiration for this cute idea!! Thank you all for reading! (◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。

Word count: 1169