Alberto's pov

The morning was cold still since winter had ended not to long ago, seeing the snow and celebrating with Papà and Luca's parents was so fun. I gifted Papà the lady singing machine, he's always singing to himself when he cooks. He gave me a small knife since I'm always wanting to use his, he also let's me wear his hat sometimes. He tells me, 'Alberto you're the son I never had, Guilia needs a brother just as much as I'd love a son'. I woke up to the sound on a small knock on my bedroom door, despite Papà being tall and intimidating he's very kind and quiet. "Buongiorno Alberto, I'm going to go fishing. Would you like to come with me?" He said and I turned around so I faced him, "Buongiorno Papà, let me get dressed" I said and yawned rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I sent my letter to Luca and Guilia a few days ago, Luca's letter should be here any day now. After I got dressed and woke up enough I made my way downstairs and saw Papà was putting on his shoes, I didn't really eat shoes often but Papà made me since winter is cold.
After a few hours of fishing we made our way to shore, without Guilia to sell the fish most of the townspeople came to pick it up here or we sold it to the local stores. As I made my way back inside I noticed the mailbox was full, excited I grabbed the mail and brought it inside. Papà was butchering which made me cringe but I did my best to ignore it, "junk mail, junk mail, junk mail- Luca and Guilia sent a letter Papà!" I said excitedly and opened it while Papà looked over waiting for me to read it aloud.

"Dear Alberto and Papà,
We miss you tanto (so much), just a few more months and Portorosso here we come! School is so fun, we both are having a science fair next week on Thursday. We'd love to see you there, mama said that it could work out too. Not a day goes bye we don't think about you guys, Alberto give Papà my love-" that line made Papà smile "-and send my parents my love, the next time you find yourself swimming. We miss you and wish that we could all be together again, The other day in Luca's anatomy class the teacher did a lesson of his sea monster anatomy. And Guilia got an advanced grade on one of her tests in astronomy, we hope to see you here Thursday! Check the envelope for a surprise!
I miss you too Alberto, love you fratello e papà (brother and dad)"
Sincerely, Luca and Guilia."

I was smiling so much it hurt, I loved getting letters from them. I set the letter down and Papà took it and skimmed over it again, "I'm so proud of her, of both of them." I nodded and looked inside the envelope there was a drawing that looked too be the three of us, me, Luca and Guilia. It made my heart heat up and my stomach leap. I looked again and saw two other pieces of paper, I took them out and held them up for me to see. My eyes widened, two train tickets to Genoa! "Papà! Look!" I leaped up and held them close to his face he rested his eyebrows in surprise then scrunched his nose while reading them, he smiled widely and I jumped in excitement I was going to visit Luca before summer, Next week! "Can we go Papà? Please?" I begged and Papà nodded which made me jump again and hold my hand above my head in fists, "take the rest of the day off mio figlio (my son), you deserve it" he smiled I nodded and ran up the stairs to start writing back to Luca and Guilia.
I was very excited to see both of them, but for some reason I count m couldn't stop thinking of only Luca. Of course I was excited to see Guilia, but I was too excited to see Luca. My cheeks grew warm when I thought of him and my heart leaped with the boy of something I could barely understand, I held the letter to my chest and smiled widely as I closed my eyes very excited to see them. I tapped the drawing into the wall by my bed so I could see it while I layed down, I started collecting a lot more since Luca left. Papà even made me sell some things since my room was getting so full, but now I have shelfs and my collection is organized, I started sculpting with some things too and even made dinner tiny versions of Luca and Guilia. I sign and flop onto my squeaky bed and run a hand through my curly hair, 'I should go for a swim later tonight and explore maybe find some things to give to Luca, sis and Papà.' I thought to myself. Life here is better, even without Luca I know I'm not alone.

____________________________________________

Hello!! What did you think of this chapter? Did you like the different pov or did you like the third person better?

If you have any suggestions and or questions, comment and feel free to ask! (◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。

Word count: 903