Luca's Pov

After riding around town on Guilia's bike and revisiting all our favorite places in town, the sun was starting to set. As we biked back towards my new house I saw that they had changed the statue in the fountain in the middle of town, instead of the horror it was it was now a stack of rocks with water tickling from them. It was much calmer and almost made me feel at ease, I wonder when they changed it? "You guys hungry?" Alberto said from behind me as we were all sitting in a row on Guilia's bike, her in front then me then Alberto. "I could eat a horse!" Guilia says jokingly and I raised my eyebrows, "that might be a lot for you to eat Guilia some horses can be really big!" I warn her, I hear the two of them laugh and Guilia shakes her head. "Santa mozzarella, it's an expression ragazzi" she says and I mouth an 'oh'. Once we arrive to my house I immediately hop off and up to the door, "we're home" I call and see my mother and father trying to help Massimo cook. Grandma is sitting at the table reading a book, and reading some sliced cucumber. "Hey bubble, Alberto, Guilia" grandma says as my parents and Massimo are to busy trying to cook to greet us, Guilia waves, Alberto tips his hat and I walk over and hug her. She hugs back and chuckles, "you've gotten so big" I smile sheepishly and she points to some stairs, "your room is the first in the right, we put your bags in there" grams says and I smile and give her a peck on the cheek before smiling at Guilia and Alberto and all three of us run upstairs. When I open the door there is a bed, bookshelf, a little nightstand and a desk. I gasp and look around the room, the walls were painted a dull sea foam green and the floors were wooden like Guilia's mom's house. My bags were set by my bookshelf, I'll unpack later after everyone has to go home. "this is amazing!" I say flopping onto my small bed that's only big enough for one person, if I had to share it we'd have to be squished together. There was a window just above my bed, it had shudders and opened like Guilia's. "We all live so close by now!" Alberto said excitedly and looked it the open window, "the view is.. Beautiful" Alberto said and I looked it the window as well then sighed contently. We were interupted by my mom shouting, "dinners ready!" I smiled at my friend's and we all raced downstairs and sat down. As we got our plates, we all begin to eat and talk about our years apart. Alberto takes a handful of pasta and shoves it into his mouth, humming at the taste. I twirl my pasta and take a small bite giggling at Alberto and my parents, my mother doesn't seem bothered by it, my father is playing with a fork and my grandma seemed to know how to use one. "Alberto, ragazzi use a utensil" Massimo said and Alberto grumbled, "it's easier this way, besides Luca's parents don't have to" Massimo shakes his head and raised his eyebrow, I watch as Alberto groans and grabs his fork and struggles to use it. Guilia is in a fit of giggles over this small argument between them, "thanks for dinner, everyone" I say after the room guess silent then everyone gives thanks.

After many long and silly conversations and some desert, sadly the celebration was over and  Alberto, Guilia and Massimo had to go home. "Mom can I walk them home?" I ask wanting to spend as much time with Alberto as I can, she chuckles and looks down at me. "What am I going to do with you, just be safe. Don't stray!" She says and I hug her and squeal softly as I start walking out the door with the family, "today was the best day ever" I hear Alberto say as we walk beside each other. I glance down at our hands that aren't touching, my head staying straight forward. I carefully brush my hand against his making my heart shiver with anticipation to hold his hand like I did at the train station, I'm surprised he didn't say anything. He brushes his hands against mine, making my cheeks go pink. I wrap my pinky into his and he intertwines our other fingers together, I smile sheepishly and my heart squeals. Is it normally to get so existed just to hold hands with your best friend? "Here we are" Massimo says and nods to me bidding me goodnight, Guilia hugs me and I hug back with one arm since be and Alberto are holding hands. She and her father was inside, I look at Alberto and smile. "Goodnight Luca" he says and hugged me tight, I hugged back not letting go of his hand. "Goodnight Alberto, I'll see you tomorrow" I say and let go of him but not his hand, "you better" he teased and I laughed. We let go of our hands and I watched him walk inside before running back to my house, I immediately run up to my room and look out the window seeing all the beautiful stars and the moon. "Goodnight Alberto, sweet dreams" I say and my mom comes in to tell me goodnight, after getting a hug and kiss she leaves and turns out the light. Tomorrow is going to be just as amazing as today, if not better. I'll get to see Alberto again, I promise to make this the best summer for him. For all of us.

____________________________________________

Hello!! Thank you for reading and all your kind words, I'm grateful for all of you! I hope this chapter was fun and fluffy enough for you guys! If you have any suggestions for little shenanigans The underdogs can get up to, do let me know! (◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。

Word count: 1014