Chapter Seventeen

Começar do início

"What are you planning?" I asked with suppressed rage, fists clenched hard to restrain myself from jumping at her.

Lilith's previous face turned into a coy smile. "Wouldn't you like to know?" She slowly sauntered into the middle of the room and reached for the long thick chains attached to the floor.

My blood ran cold. I quickly bolted towards the hatch in the floor but was quickly frozen with a wave of her hands. I scowled at her as she clamped the cold metal over my wrist. They started to glow, and I felt my energy drain from me. She released me and I fell, my body aching.

"You," she huffed, "Are going to stay in here until you're weak enough to be controlled. Then, you're going to perform my spell for me. I don't have nearly enough power to use it, but you do." she scoffed as she pulled her gloves off revealing blackened fingers. "I found that out the hard way. Magic isn't without its drawbacks, I suppose. But then again, I should have known. It is such a big undertaking."

"Now, if you'll excuse me, there's a lot of preparation to be done." She laughed, then exited down the hatch. I watch the heavy wooden door close and disappear, my hope disappearing with it.

I struggled to sit up, the heaviness of the chains pulling me down. I slowly and painfully crawled towards where the hatch had been.

"Someone help!" I screamed, hoping someone would hear me like Ember or maybe one of the guards. I banged on the floor, screaming until I became hoarse, and my voice was nearly gone.

"Please... anyone..." My voice wavered. Pain radiated up my arm as I lightly tapped the stone floor. My energy was waning, night had fallen, and I was quickly losing consciousness.

Where was everyone? Why hadn't anyone heard me?

The door to the hatch shook and hope spread through me. Did someone finally hear me? A familiar black bun emerged from the floor.

I quickly bolted towards him but then stopped. He was carrying a small food tray, his green eyes dull and vacant. He was still under control.

"Isaac?" I whispered brokenly.

My breath hitched when he turned to me, his face devoid of any expression. He placed the food down on the floor next to me and stiffly pointed at it.

"Eat," he said flatly. There was no warmth in his voice at all. It was just cold and monotone.

Without saying anything else, he turned his back to leave me.

All alone.

No! I desperately threw myself forward and wrapped my arms around him.

"Please... Come back to me." I sobbed. He stiffened and held onto my arms. "You have to fight this! You're strong, Isaac... I know you can fight it," I pleaded.

I silently prayed to the goddess to help him. To break the hold Lilith had on him. We stood like that for a few minutes and I started to hope. I felt him tremble as his grip on me tightened. Was he still in there? His heart beat wildly in his chest and his breathing quickened.

He let out a sinister chuckle and my heart broke at its coldness. "Fool."

He forcefully pried my hands off of him and harshly pushed me away. I yelped when my back hit the ground. Pain shot up my back, making my head woozy. I was sure my ribs were bruised from the force. Holding back a groan, I pushed myself up with my elbows to look up at him.

He just blankly stared at me.

No reaction at all. Nothing of the man I kissed back at Hopper Pond. It had been so long since I felt his gentle caress. So long since I heard him say my name. I just want him back. God, I would do anything!