"AUNTIE! Why aren't you believing me? I didn't do-"

"You're so popular on the sns boy, everyone knows about you now." Chayun again said, his eyes screaming 'told you to accept my deal' and Taehyung just stared back.

"I- I'll leave tomorrow." He simply said, so sure, none of them would hear him out. At this point, he wasn't willing to stay here, too.

"No boy, you're getting out, Right now!" She said furiously and opened the door again to push the boy out of it. Taehyung stumbled out of the doorway and almost fell on the wet ground.

"Should've known you better, you can't be better than your father! He was a useless man, just like you." She deadpaned and those words stirred more anger in Taehyung's body.

"You can't say that to him! Don't cross your limits!" Taehyung gritted teeth, controlling himself.

She scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "Why? Truth hurts. He couldn't do much for his family and you're doing the same. Even, you're trying to be a home wrecker as well."

His fists clenched tightly as tears of anger flowed through his already swollen eyes. He knew the world was cruel, but this much?

"Baby, I found this little cash," Chayun muttered while handing the only money Taehyung was left with. She quickly grabbed the bills and smiled.

"Of course, they belong to me. Now you, get out and never come back. Useless brat!" She shouted in his face and turned back on her heels when Chayun threw the old bag in front of the brunet.

Once she was gone, Chayun chuckled lightly and again tried to touch Taehyung's wet and cold cheeks but the younger one stepped back.

"My heart is hurting, seeing you like that, baby. You should've listened to me. I can still help you, just say the word." He mumbled lightly while trying to lean over the brunet but Taehyung harshly pushed him back and grabbed his bag. He checked it to find his things stuffed randomly, even the bag from that stupid brand.

"Listen, boy, don't be so harsh on yourself. You've nowhere to go, look at the weather. Say yes and I'll make it better for you." Chayun again suggested, voice devoid of emotions contrary to his words. Taehyung snickered and just grabbed his bag.

"Go to your wife, Uncle." With that, he simply turned back and left the other standing in the doorway. His eyes were full of lust and tongue full of curses as he saw the younger walking away from him, after ignoring his tempting offer. What he thought but opposite he got.

_______

Roads were getting empty because of the heavy rain and the late night. But a certain boy was still there, sitting on the bench of the bus stop in his completely soaked hoodie.

He was shivering badly but there was nothing like warmth in his life at the moment. His only warmth was his mother's voice, and Euni's giggles.. but unfortunately, he couldn't reach to get those as well.

The long, harsh night was passing rather slowly as the sky kept crying with the poor brunet. He had nowhere to go, so he kept sitting on the cold bench with his cold body.

The dim lights of the bus stop were enough to show him his own blue nails and pale hands. He was sure that his face must be looking like a zombie, but did he care?

No bus crossed the road as the roads were blocked because of the heavy rain and thus, the bus stop was empty. He was alone, totally alone.

Putting his head back on the metal bench, he clutched the bag close to his chest that was hurting because of the cold wind. A few days ago, he got over the severe cold and now, he was getting ready for the second episode.

The whole night passed like that, his body occasionally shivering whenever the wind collided with his still-wet hoodie that didn't dry because of the extreme humidity.

He didn't realize when his heavy and tired body slumped on the bench in an awkward position and he fell asleep, a little escape from all the sorrows and pains.

________

"Woah. Look at the sky, so bright and clear like it didn't cry for the whole night." The old man chuckled to himself while jogging on the sidewalk. He kept inhaling deeply the morning and fresh air. Though, it was quite early, the roads were still empty.

He passed through a bus stop where he caught a person trying to grab a bag from another one, who was sleeping.

The first person looked like a beggar who had his eyes fixed on the bag.

"Hey!" The old man yelled at the beggar who quickly ran away from the stop, leaving the bag. 

The old man scoffed when he saw the other running away hastily.

"Why he is sleeping like that? He must be waiting for the first bus." He mumbled to himself but was surprised as well because even his voice didn't wake him up.

He looked at his wristwatch. "It's about time. Should I wake him up?" The old man asked himself and nodded before lightly shaking the other's shoulders only to frown when he felt the fabric cold and lightly wet.

Blinking in worry, he pressed his hand more and gasped because indeed the whole clothing was wet and cold. On focusing more, he noticed the shivers of the figure.

"What's wrong with him?" The thought made him curious and he finally pulled the hood away from the face of the sleeping one only to gasp again.

The boy looked so sick, his lips lightly blue with his cheeks red, one extra red, and eyes swollen.

"He is- wait, he looks familiar." The old man roamed his mind quickly to smile for a second before frowning again.

"He is the boy who saved me that night." Mumbling that, he sat beside the other and gently shook him again. Luckily, this time Taehyung opened his eyes lightly only to shut them again because of the bright light and throbbing head.

"Here, get up." The man helped him sit on the bench while Taehyung tried to register the situation.

"You have a high fever, boy. Your clothes are still wet. Did you sleep here for the whole night?" The older one asked but Taehyung's lips were sort of stuck together. He kept quiet, as his groggy mind slowly recalled the past, horrible events.

The old man deeply observed the younger. A torn and old bag, old wet clothes, pale looks, and dry lips. He quickly understood the situation somewhat.

"You can come to my house. It's just a block away." Older suggested but Taehyung quickly shook his head, not even looking up at the man as he tried to hide his face once again, still afraid.

He hastily got up from the bench with his bag but stumbled backward due to the dizziness. Fortunately, the older one quickly caught him securely.

"Easy boy. I think you don't remember me. I'm the one you saved weeks ago, from that bratty man who was driving like crazy on the road." The older one quickly pointed out after he noticed the hesitation of the younger even in that condition.

Taehyung then looked up at the man, he frowned lightly while trying to remember the face and event. He did remember him in the next moment and lightly smiled.

"You remember me?" Taehyung lightly nodded his head and tried to straighten himself but failed. 2 days of torture to his body and mind were paying off now.

"It's decided now, you're coming with me." The older man announced and Taehyung couldn't even protest, finding himself being dragged gently toward some direction that he couldn't see fully. A coat was wrapped around his upper body and he snuggled in the little warmth of the fabric and the hug.

Maybe, his fate was bringing him to the right place.

~~~~~~~~~

Assalam o Alaikum.

Day or night?