Ping!

I jump again at the sudden vibration in my pocket. I feel my phone and look at it, finding a message from Krist and my lips immediately lifted.

"Good morning! I heard you got drunk as well. Rest more today and let's meet up again with Godt for a catch-up session!"

Remembering the times I got drunk in Australia, Krist was always the one texting me the next morning; telling me to rest well and eat Asian food. He was always the caring guy among us and that itself attracted a lot of people, both men and women. Krist just was not interested in any of them.

"Perth!"

I jump at my name being called. Why am I so skittish today? I glance at Thanawat who is frowning at me through the rear-view mirror. Did I do something? Like self-talking again? Please say no...

"Perth?" Suthapong repeats my name. I glance at him. "We have arrived. Are you okay with spicy food?"

I nod my head. Pause for a second, and shake my head. They both stare at me with confusion. I clear my throat and speak my mind. "Okay, we have arrived. No, I'm not good with spicy food."

Suthapong nods with a smile. He holds out his hand before realizing something, then he retracts his hand and smiles. "Let's go then!"

I follow them into a little roadside open-air cafe, where we are greeted by the hawker owner. I guess they are regulars. We sit down in a corner and they begin ordering food in Thai, which I don't understand. I stare at the blackboard thing with foreign characters which I assume is the menu. I give up and let them order for me. Hopefully, it is something I can eat.

*****

Kimmon's POV

I wake up to the continuous sound of glasses clinking against each other. Opening my eyes, I see my TV screen. I guess I passed out on the couch before showering last night. I turn my head slightly and see Godt at the dining table, placing utensils carefully on the mat.

I smile and get up, tiptoeing my feet in the air. As I get closer to Godt, I hear a soft hum. The usual meek voice of Godt sounds more angelic when he hums. I couldn't make out the song but it sounds amazing.

Somehow I stop my pacing, listening to his soft humming in the background when Godt turns around abruptly and smashes his chin abutting my forehead. The pain wakes me up immediately.

We both stumble backwards, I am slapping my palm on my forehead which I know is turning red; while Godt rubs his chin with both hands. We both exchanged glances and burst out laughing at the same time.

"You wanted to scare me?" Godt asks with a smirk. I shrug now that my cover is blown.

"I almost succeeded but your angelic voice blew me away," I laugh. "Sorry for passing out on the couch. It was a tiring day."

"Don't worry about it. So I blew you away? Dude hasn't even tried my blowing..." Godt smirks wider. I forgot how wicked he can get.

"I would try it if you offer it to me," I counter back with a smile, watching him flush at his own game. You have years to learn before you can beat me.

Godt just smiles, keeping silent. I know I won when he drops a spoon onto the floor, hitting the dining chair with a loud clang. I shake my head at his clumsiness and bend down to pick it up, thinking of another retort to joke about.

Without thinking, we both go down to reach the spoon. Me in a squat, I glance back at him confusingly as I feel his hand on my shoulder.

What I do not realize, he has leaned his body on my shoulder. As I turn back, my eyes meet his eyes. We lock in a trance as our eyes are only inches apart.

I hear him gasp and he pulls away from me, his hand goes up to wipe his lips. That was when I felt a hint of warmth leaving my mouth. I widen my eyes in horror and look back at him. My fingers drop the spoon and touch my mouth, resulting in another loud clang.

Did we?

Did we... just kiss?

Godt finally moves his frozen self and runs to his room, leaving me gobsmacked in the dining room. I walk back to the couch in a daze and sit down, noticing my phone on the coffee table. I pick it up and check my messages.

Ignoring work messages and social media alerts, I click into my Line app and look at my chats. I tap into my chat with Sandee.

*****

"Good night! Thanks for sending me back! 😊"

"Have you thought about our discussion in the car??"

"You know at times, it's about how love comes to you and not you finding love. Singto wasn't even looking for love when he met Krist!"

"All I'm saying is, love finds you when you least expect it. And when it comes, it's a choice for us to make."

"So I'll just wait for the time when love finds me 😌"

"That's all from me~ Take a good rest! Good night!"

*****

Kimmon slaps his forehead with a groan. Sandee's words are striking into his heart right now. The whole situation with Godt has somehow changed a lot of things. Things he is not sure if it is good for him and Sandee, or is it good for Godt. 

Love is a choice... huh? 

What choice do I make? 

_________________________

15-07-2021

I picked off where I left the last chapter and didn't expect to write that long for Perth... But he is a cutie!! 

So, a bit of progress for Kimmon and Godt??? 

Let's focus on our side couples for this chapter. I'll be back with KS! Don't worry!!