Betrayal ~ part 1

Start from the beginning

TRISS's HOUSE - Novigrad

"You should sit or go to bed." Geralt told her nervously. She was still not well. He was watching her how she was doing something in her small lab.
"Geralt, you don't have to worry about me. I had just a vertigo, not a heart attack." Yennefer said honestly and turned to him.
"But I will have one if you won't start listen to me." Geralt sighed. She came to him.
"Look at you, one night with me and now I have my own personal guardian." Yennefer laughed and she put her arms around her his neck.
"You're doing it again." Geralt looked straight to her eyes.
"Doing what?" she raised eyebrows.
"Making fun of things which are not funny." his face was serious.
"What you're gonna do with that Amulet?" Yennefer looked at him calmly.
"Or not answering at all.." Geralt added and sighed.
"Now you're the one who didn't answer." she was provoking him.
"And where did you even get that?" she started to be suspicious again.
"You asking lot of questions." Geralt smiled.
"Because you told me you will explain everything to me Geralt." she said strictly.
"Yes, I did, but I didn't say when." his face was calm.
"Geralt." she gave him angry look.
"Alright. Zoltan won it in Gwent, he wanted to know what it is and to whom it belongs. So, I am doing him a favor. That's all." he explained.
"And what about the meeting with the witchers? Why it was so urgent?" she crossed her arms.
"We should have a meeting in Tavern but your health was more important for me in that moment, so I rescheduled it. And about the meeting, we will talk about witcher's stuff and that means monsters. Nothing for you. Trust me." Geralt pushed her closer to him. He hated lying to her but it was the only way to protect her. His answer surprised her, but she also knew something wasn't fitting in his words.
"I trust you." she smiled and kissed him on his lips.
"I know." Geralt smiled at her.
"Now go, they waiting for you." she caressed his face.
"Please, go to rest." Geralt smiled at her and then he started leaving.
"Wait! What you will do tomorrow morning?" Yennefer called on him. He stopped walking. He started thinking. He turned to her.
"You heard the conversation with Zoltan.. so.." she interrupted him.
"Oh, I totally forgot on that.." Yennefer tried to look stupid.
"It's alright. Why are you asking?" Geralt looked at her confused.
"No reasons." she smiled under her nose.
"So, I will go then." he smiled nervously and then he left. He really hoped that she didn't recognize that he was lying.
Yennefer was looking at the door thoughtfully. He was hiding something, now it was clear. She has seen him lie to her many times but this times it was different. His emotions disclosed him. She needs find out why he was lying and where he was really going.

ROSMARY AND THYME - Novigrad

"How can we be sure it's him?" Eskel asked him.
"Because it's his mage for fuck sake!" Geralt raised his voice. He was irritated.
"Geralt, please calm down." Vesemir stated. Geralt took a deep breath.
"So, then it means that Bonhart and Rience must be working together.. which is very deadly combination." Lambert admitted.
"Now you see why I am so pissed?" Geralt looked at him.
"We should go to confront him." Leo said honestly.
"Good idea Leo, but you forgot on at least 50 guards in his fortress.." Lambert said sarcastically.
"No, you're right, it is a good idea." Geralt said thoughtfully.
"How can be suicide mission a good idea?" Lambert looked at him unbelievably.
"If we would distract guards attention.." Eskel started thinking.
"Then I could get to Rience." Geralt finished his sentence. He started to have a hope.
"Still it is a suicide mission. You're clearly also forgetting on Bonhart' gang which will be there as well if they're really working together, it means even more bloody bastards." Lambert said strictly.
"If anyone can distract attention without being seen, it's you Lambert.." Geralt told him honestly. Lambert started thinking.
"Fine.. but I need Eskel with me." Lambert sighed.
"Thank you, I owe you a lot." Geralt smiled.
"You will certainly need a backup. I will stay with Jahve and Ciri to protect them here, but Leo and Triss will be ready if something screw up." Vesemir said calmly.
"Alright.. this may work.." Geralt admitted.
"This have to work either way we're all dead.." Lambert laughed sarcastically.