Finally

It’s now. It’s time. After two years. It’s happening. I sat in the car, being happy as ever, but not saying a single sound. I looked out of the window, loads of memories going through my head. I shaked a little bit, and got interrupted by my mum's voice. “You okay sweetheart?” I looked at her, and nodded my head. “Yeah, I am. I’m just really nervous.” I sighed, and looked out of the window again. You could spot the airport now. Because yes, that did really help on my nervousness.

My mum squeezed my thigh a little bit, and then turned into the airports parking spot. She drove a little bit until she found a free spot, and then she parked. She turned off the car, and got all her stuff. I just sat there. Completely still. Not saying a single thing or moving. “I know you’re nervous darling, but I promise you, it’ll be alright. You guys waited two years, and I know he’s so excited. And I know, so are you.” I nodded as mum spoke her ‘wise words, and then I stepped out of the car.

I took my mum’s hand as we walked into the airport. She squeezed it tight, until we reached the arrival gate. I sat down on some benches, waiting for his plane to land. I looked at clock. 3:52. His plane land around 4. So we’re almost there. So I decided to just look at the social medias, waiting for him to text me.

Bro :p<3: hey baby. the flight has landed now. waiting for my luggage to arrive now. see you soon. love you <3

It was now. After two years, I’m meeting the one who means everything to me. All our all night long skype talks, our texts, our memories - over the internet. The one who lives 6 hours away from me, is finally here. I quickly stood up, looking at my mum. She smiled at me, pulling out her phone. Yes, I asked her to record it. I stood on my toes, trying to see if I could catch a glimpse of all those people runned to their loved ones.

And there he was. In the crowd, but all I saw was him. I decided to wait for him to come a bit closer to us, so my mum didn’t have to run with me. And then all the people were gone, and it was only me and him. I ran as fast I could towards him, as he dropped his bags, running to me. And then it happened. We met. After two years. My arms found their way around his neck, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. He lifted me off the ground, and I swung my legs around his waist.

I couldn’t hold the tears back anymore. I hugged him tighter and cried in the crook of his neck. I could feels his tears on my shoulder, and before we knew it, we both sobbed. I slowly pulled away, looking at him. I smiled so big, and laughed. He sent back a big smile, and hugged me tight again. He picked up his bag, as we walked towards my mum. I could feel this was going to be the most amazing days ever.