"I know." Belle murmured back.

"Who'll hang a noose on the goose-stepping goons from Berlin? Who will redeem, heed the call for America? Who'll rise or fall, give his all for America? Who's here to prove that we can? The star-spangled man with a plan."

"We all know this is about trying to win the war. We can't do that without bullets and bandages, tanks and tents. That's where you come in. Every bond you buy will help protect someone you love."

"Stalwart and steady and true, forceful and ready to defend, the red, white, and blue. Who'll give the Axis the sack and is smart as a fox? Far as an eagle will soar. Who's making Adolf afraid to step out of his box? He knows what we're fighting for. Who waked the giant that napped in America? We know it's no one but Captain America. Who'll finish what they began? Who'll kick the Krauts to Japan? The star-spangled man with a plan!"

The soldiers cheered and clapped, then the girls vanished backstage. 

"How many of you ready to help me sock old Adolf on the jaw?" The man upstage asked.

The crowd was silent.

"Okay. Uh... I need a volunteer." 

"I already volunteered! How do you think I got here?" The soldiers laughed. "Bring back the girls!"

"Please no." Belle muttered.

"I think they only know the one song. But um...let me...I'll...I'll see what I can do." He rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably. 

"You do that, sweetheart."

"Nice boots, Tinker Bell!"

Belle couldn't help but giggle and look over to Liz, who was desperately trying to hide her laughter. 

"Come on, guys. We're all on the same team here." He sighed.

"Hey, Captain! Sign this!" Another soldier turned around and pulled his pants down, showing his bare backside to the stage, earning more laughter from the soldiers.

"Bring back the girls!" They started throwing things onto the stage, but stopped when the girls appeared. They cheered again as the girls started to sing once more.

"Let's go." Belle lightly tugged on Liz's sleeve. "I think I feel raindrops."

The two looked up at the sky, then ran to the nearest canopy to try and stay dry. Not too long after, the rain came down quickly. The two lingered off to the side, watching as people came and went.

"Colonel Phillips." 

Belle looked over.

"He's back." Liz frowned. "Come on, I want to hear what he's saying."

Belle nodded and sat down on the ground in a place where she was able to hear.

"Well, if it isn't the Star-Spangled Man With A Plan. And what is your plan today?" Colonel Phillips looked up.

"I need the casualty list from Azzano."

Belle and Liz looked at each other, exchanging a worried glance. Whoever he was looking for was most likely dead or captured.

"You don't get to give me orders, son."

"I just need one name. Sergeant James Barnes from the hundred and seventh."

Belle's breath caught in her throat. She stood up, ignoring Liz's worried murmurs.

"Please tell me if he's alive, sir. B-A-R..."

"I can spell. I have signed more of these condolence letters today than I would care to count. But the name does sound familiar. I'm sorry." Colonel Phillips frowned.