16

"This is where we part ways, (y/n)" Annie said as she got her new uniform handed to her. The military police uniform.

While you got the survey corpse uniform.

"Send me a letter, Kay?" You asked as you held your hand out.

"Yeah." She responded, putting her hand in yours, shaking it gently before turning.

_______

It's been a week since then. You moved into a room with Sasha, after begging hanji, who was just as loud and energetic as sasha was.

Hanji told you they would really enjoy to talk to you and Sasha about old titan stories they've heard.

Hanji was an adult though, much older than you and Sasha, so as much as you wanted to hear hanjis stories, you didn't want it to be like a friendship thing because hanji was still your higher up.

Hanji had taken you to see sauney and bean, who you'd learned were captured titans.

Hanji was a strange one. Hanji was very confident and daring, almost getting eating by the own titans they'd saved.

But one day hanji came back to your base, screaming and crying.

Hanji was never the type to cry. Hanji fell to the floor in the office of your assigned building, you and Sasha running for the room to see if hanji was okay.

"They're dead. THEYRE DEADDD!!" Hanji whined as you went over to them to help hanji get back up.

"Who?" Sasha asked as hanji weeped more.

"Sauney and beannnnnn." Hanji cried as you helped them stand straight.

"We'll find whoever did it. I promise." You told hanji as hanji nodded.

_______

The sudden murder of sauney and bean caused chaos and everyone was on edge as to who killed them.

The commander ordered an odm gear  inspection to see who's blade was used on the titans and who was low on gas.

Walking into the big room for inspection, it was awfully quiet, packed with silent cadets.

All cadets would be here, from all three regiments.

You looked for Annie.

You noticed Reiner, running up to him, knowing if Reiner was there, Annie was not too far away.

"(Y/n)." You felt a tap on your shoulder as you turned around to see Annie.

"Annie!" You smiled.

"I can't believe what happened. I mean the titans....?" You sighed.

"Yeah. It really does suck." She responded quietly before you nodded.

"I hope we figure out who it was. I never expected a traitor to do it." You sighed. "This is just becoming more complicated."

Annie nodded before giving you a quick. "It's okay." Motion before motioning you to get back to your group with the survey corpse.

After a checkup on your odm gear, you were clear to go and you and Sasha left.

________

Tonight you went to the burial. Well, it was much more messed up than that.

More like, the bodies from the mission last week were being put into flame.

Big fires were lit as you walked up to jean who stood in front of one lit fire.

He was standing all alone.

You walked up to him, standing next to him, knowing you didn't want to let him stand there all alone.

He turned to you before grabbing you into a hug once more, trying to control his breathing so he didn't cry.

You rubbed his back into the hug and held it for as long as he wanted.

After jean was done, and the body that was in the fire was nothing but ashes, he went back to his room. You helped him walk to your building.

You knew the body he was watching burn in the fire was Marcos, it was horrible to think about.

You went back out to give your last respects to the fallen soldiers now in the fire.

Annie was there. Her head held low in a bow like position.

She was all alone this time, no Reiner or bertholdt in sight.

You walked up to her, then watched the fire alongside her.

"I'm so sorry." She said quietly before lifting her head.

"Annie, we couldn't save them all. You know that." You said as she looked towards you.

"I don't want this." She said as she put her hand on the side of your cheek.

"If you need to talk to me, come to the military police building." She said before patting your shoulder, leaving.

______

You stood in a crowd listening to commander Erwin. The talk was not cute nor anything you'd ever want to hear again. But you'd already decided. No matter the cost, you wanted to join the survey corpse and now it was official. There was no going back.

You had the option to switch, and they would've made you switch locations to go with the regiment you wanted, but you knew the scouts were your home. You hoped sasha hadn't changed her mind.

And you wished Annie didn't either. You wanted Annie to stay with the military police. It'd keep her safe. She'd be safe.

_____

You re-met with your horse, petting his head lightly. You haven't seen him in a while. You were happy you were with him again. 

______

You got your wings of freedom cape, and swung it around your body, covering yourself.

Ymir and krista also joined the survey corpse. You didn't know why. You thought Ymir and krista wanted to grow up and get married together, not risk their lives in the front line.

None the less, you couldn't change their choice. It was theirs to make.