3

You woke up in the uncomfortable mattress with the realization that this really was happening.

You were in denial and thought this was all just some joke. But no. Your village was destroyed, and your family was killed.

Now you're with other children your age, training to kill these things. Is this new to everyone else? Or was it just the fact that your mother kept this whole thing a secret.

She had told you the walls were there to keep the village safe from outsiders. By "outsiders" did she mean these titans? Did she know but not say anything all this time?

'And why's she the one that had to pay. Why'd she have to be the one to fall out of breath? Why's she the one that I watched as I ran to safety? Why's she the one that got killed trying to protect me?' You wondered while tiny tear drops fell down your face.

The reality that your mother was dead hit you like a brick.

"Hey, (y/n)" the girl below you spoke up, before getting off her bottom bunk, climbing up the little stairs to get next to you on the top bunk.

"I heard you sniffling. Are you alright?" She asked as her dark figure was the only thing you could see because of how early in the morning it was. The sun hasn't risen and Ymir and krista we're still sleeping.

"I'm fine." You managed to say before sasha sat down next to you at the top bunk.

"I know you don't want this. To be honest, none of us do. But this is the world we live in. We have to fight." She whispered as you listened.

"If we don't do something other people will die. We have to fight for what we lost." She finished, as you nodded.

She gave you a sincere smile you could barely see with how dark it was in the cabin, but none the less, she got off and went back to her bottom bunk.

You couldn't sleep after that. An hour or so later there were loud bells being rung. You covered your ears because of how loud it was.

It was like entering a band room full of kids who've never touched instruments before. Ymir and krista covered their ears as well as they tried to rub their eyes.

"GET UP CADETS!" A man with a deep voice said loudly as you got out of your bed, walking outside along with Sasha.

"BREAKFAST IN 5 BE LATE AND YOULL BE EATING DUST. DISMISSED." He said as he walked back to wherever he came from.

"I need breakfast!" Sasha said as she turned back to krista and Ymir, "hurry up!" She told them as she quickly changed into her clothes.

All four of you put on the clothes that they set on the little table next to your beds. You saw them yesterday but thought nothing of them. Apparently they were your uniforms.

It better than nothing. You've been wearing the same crappy outfit for the past week. A quick shower would do wonders.

You and Sasha went together to breakfast, leaving Ymir and krista to get their breakfast at their own time. Hopefully they werent too late to the point where there was no breakfast for them.

You walked towards a small building like structure, and inside were rows and rows of tables, and one corner section where the food was.

Sasha was the first to spot it, grabbing onto your hand as she bolted towards the food.

Some of the tables were full of people you didn't recognize, many around your age. You looked around for Isabella, in hopes of finding your best friend, but, no luck.

Sasha pointed to the fresh potatoes and eggs. "Finally some good breakfast!" She cheered as she grabbed two potatoes, and two eggs, even though there was a sign that clearly said 'only take one'.