2

"(Y/n) are you going to join?" Armin asked as he didn't look in your direction.

"I... don't know." You whispered as you twiddled your thumbs.

You knew you couldn't live on your own, but you also knew becoming a cadet would put your life in danger. Plus there was still the possibility your mother survived and got on the next boat after you.

"My friends." He whispered. "Mikasa and eren. I wonder if they're okay."

Mikasa and eren were also kids that lived in the same village. You knew a little about eren, him being constantly loud and causing problems. And mikasa, being the one that either holds him back, or fights for him.

They were well known kids around the area. But you've never talked to them. Armin as well, this was the first time you actually stayed with him. But maybe if you had your best friend you'd feel more safe. Armin would have to do for now though.

The boat brought you to another little village you weren't familiar with. It was full of people, ripped clothing, low energy, no smiles.

People passed around little bits of food to keep everyone in check. You stayed close to Armin as you didn't want to get lost in a group filled with strangers. Armin managed to grab a bread and split it with you. You gladly took it and ate it. Your appetite was pretty shot, considering you watched people get eaten, but ignoring that, you were hungry.

Armin reunited with his friends, Mikasa and eren.

Looking into erens eyes you saw nothing but rage. Something might've happened to him as well. You decided not to ask, knowing now was not the time.

For the next year, you and survivors of the shiganshina attack were forced into labor. You were lucky you were able to survive. Armin had gotten you through a lot. Mikasa had eren and eren had mikasa. You had no one. You were finding it hard to get up everyday, let alone farm and work hard everyday.

Eren had decided to join the cadets, army soldier type people that fight these things.

You had no where to go. You had no family. No friends. No one you recognized in the slightest. No home. You were living off labor and living at the fields.

Armin, Mikasa and eren had all decided on joining the cadets together. You had no idea what to do. Becoming a cadet would allow you to have a place to live and food to eat, but the chance of death will only increase.

But not becoming a cadet had you stuck. There was no where to go. Live in the fields and continue to work everyday? Live on the street and die of starvation for the rest of your life? No way.

You decided on joining them. They're all you had. If you went your separate ways you'd be alone. You didn't want to be alone.

________

It's been a week since you, Armin, Mikasa and eren moved to become scouts. After a whole week of eating nothing but extra bread and some fruit, you were desperate for a regular life again.

You were greeted by a cadet who'd split you up and place you with others you'd train with. You followed him as he brought you to a hut like structure, three girls and you stood side by side as he told you you'd be sleeping together, at least for now.

He told you you'd be able to get better shelter and food if you move up in the ranks. You were grateful you didn't have to eat bread again.

You looked at the three girls. One with a frown on her face, the taller one, standing right next to her, and the third, biting her nails, probably to distract herself from the fact that we're here to practice to fight titans.