14

BANG.

That's when it happened. Your life flashed before your eyes. The huge titan that destroyed your home over three years ago was here. Now. Right in front of you.

The wind it created pushed you back, making you fall off the wall. You were lucky you were wearing your odm gear as you attached it to the wall, making sure you didn't fall to the ground and splatter like a pancake.

Connie started screaming and after noticing the titan had broken a hole through the wall, you screamed as well.

No way this was happening.

You and Sasha retreated as eren stormed in for the kill like an idiot.

Small titans were trying to breach through the walls as you and Sasha stood next to each other near another commander who was giving orders. He told everyone to take down all the abnormals first.

You'd learned about abnormals in the 104th cadet core. How they have a goal, and don't focus on what's happening around them.

You saw Annie in front of you. You knew her hair anywhere.

"Annie." You said as you tried reaching your hand forwards for her to notice you.

She turned around, eyes opening as she saw you. She pushed through the people to get to you, instantly giving you a hug.

"A-Annie." You said as you hugged her back. You've never hugged Annie, but holding onto her like this is what made your heart pound.

"I'm glad you're safe." You said as she pulled back.

"Stay alive. I know we're in different squads, but please. Stay safe." She said as you tried your best to keep calm.

"You too, Annie." You said as the commander ordered you to depart.

You used your odm gear to get through the crowd and to sasha who was already waiting on a nearby house roof.

You and her set off with your odm gears to kill the titans.

You and Sasha decided to fight together so it was easier to take titans down.

After killing all of the titans in your area you and Sasha retreated to go back with the rest of the squad. You really hoped they beat the titans and lived.

Landing onto the roof of the rest of the squad, Connie was shaking and screaming at Armin while Armin sat in complete quietness.

Oh no.

Armins whole squad was wiped out. Including eren. Armin started screaming out of fear. You knew this was real. This was happening. They're all dead.

Sasha and you stood in complete silence. Is Annie okay?

You don't know why you'd been thinking about Annie at a time like this, but you didn't care. You wanted her to be safe.

More of the group began to meet up at the centre point where Connie, Sasha and you were waiting.

Jean showed up as Connie started screaming at him.

People were sitting in agony at the top of the roofs.

All hope was lost.

"Annie!" You screamed as you watched her stand on a nearby roof.

You used your odm gear to run to her.

"You're safe." You sighed as you stood next to her.

"I am." She nodded, in relief you were alive as well.

Bertholdt, Reiner and Marco stood next to Annie as you held onto her hands.

"Thank god." You smiled as she looked into your eyes.

"Stay with Sasha. Keep her safe." Annie said as she used her odm gear to move herself towards titans, to take them down.

"Understood!" You screamed as you grabbed Sasha, showing her titans near headquarters you had to take out.

Arriving at headquarters, you and sasha smashed through the windows, meeting the rest of the squad, including Annie. You once again sighed in relief at her being safe.

The supply room was already invaded by 7 titans, while Armin made a plan.

People would be lowered into the supply room with shotguns while 7 soldiers would take out the 7 titans from behind.

You were one of those 7 soldiers.

You waited on the pillars, and once Marco said fire, you launched towards it, slicing its neck. Your blades didn't go deep enough, and the titan didn't fall.

"SHIT!" You screamed as the titan turned to you, looking you straight in the eye.

Until it fell to the floor. Annie stood on the nape of the neck of the titan, looking down on you.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she got off the titan and walked towards you.

"Thank you Annie!" You fell to your knees at the girl who saved you.

"Get up." She grabbed onto your arm, helping you up.

"Don't grief." She said as you nodded.

You went back outside to watch a titan fight another titan. You were in disbelief. The titan fell to the ground as you stood next to Annie and watched as eren came out of the neck of it.

"I thought.... he died." You said out loud as mikasa ran down to him bringing him back up to the rooftop.

Annie pat your back as you stood there, shaking.

_____

You had won. With eren on your side, you finally had a chance of taking back your home. A future within the walls is possible!

Sasha walked up to you before jumping on your shoulders.

"WE GOT A TITAN!" She cheered as you turned around to give her a high five.