1

Growing up in shiganshina district was the most peaceful life you could've wished for. Houses were compacted together, everyone knew everyone. You felt safe wherever you were in your little town.

Walls surrounding your town was what kept you safe, at least that's what your mother told you. You've always wanted to go outside. But, living inside the walls wasn't bad at all. It was comfortable and fitting for everyone to live hands in hand.

Well, at least for a little.

"(Y/N) COME WITH ME DONT LOOK BACK," your mother screamed as she ran hand in hand with you.

You were only 13. Just a kid. What the hell was happening? And why did your mother sound so distressed?

Your mother said not to look back, and as curious as you were, you didn't.

Loud bangs and screams followed after you as you held hand in hand with your mother, running for your life.

'Gunshots?' You wondered as you were holding the temptation to look back.

People faster than you were running ahead, passing you as you could tell your mother was getting tired.

"WE HAVE TO KEEP GOING." You said as loud as possible, trying to talk over the loud bangs and cries.

You still had no idea what the hell was behind you.

"(Y/N) KEEP RUNNING AND DONT STOP." She screamed to which you looked her in the eyes.

Your mother was holding back tears, watching as one slowly fell down the side of her cheek, you knew whatever the hell was happening was terrifying.

"(Y/N)! LISTEN TO ME PLEASE!" She screamed as she fell to the floor out of breath.

"Run". Is the last thing she said before passing out right in front of you.

"I.. can't leave you." You said as you knelt down next to your mother, holding onto her hand. You were faced in front of her which means everything behind you was now in view.

Your heart nearly stopped all together. Two huge beast like creatures.... no... what were they... they weren't animals? But they weren't human. They're huge. You watched the one which was much taller than the other.

It's face was made like what looked like flesh. Both hands firmly on the walls surrounding your once known home.

The other was running, and... eating people.

You were in disbelief. This is a dream right? Right?!

It clearly wasn't a dream as you looked down to your very real mother. You looked down at her then back up to the monsters that were destroying your village.

"WH-" is all you managed to say until you saw a young girl, around your age, 13, give or take, being eaten alive.

Hearing her scream as the crunching sound of her bones cracking between the monsters jaws was excruciating.

You knew you didn't want to end up like that girl. You leant down to your mother, giving her forehead a kiss. No way does it end here.

You got up, running in the direction towards the gate.

Your mother had always told you it wasn't necessary to go to the gate because it lead to somewhere else. Your mother knew you were a wonderer, and the last thing she wanted was for you to get lost in a different district.