Chapter Ninety Two: Special Dance

Congratulations, Hailie, you just made the biggest mistake of your life. What in the world have you been thinking? Oh right, you didn't think, thought Hailie as she walked into a spacious room with Pride by her side.

Due to the whole morning spent with Pride on doing makeup and changing clothes until they found the perfect match, she felt pretty. A long navy-blue dress she wore was much tighter than she thought at first, but it looked astounding, even on her. Because of the widening bottom of the dress, she felt like a mermaid pulled out of the sea. Like a pretty girl on her very first ball. Her brown hair was entirely straight with some glitter that Pride sprayed on her. And those sapphires she received, they were amazing. But the best thing about Hailie's look was makeup. Pride really went beyond herself, giving her dark aura thanks to smokey eye.

They were each other's opposite. Hailie in her dark outfit, and Pride in white dress, which made her look more like a sweet angel rather than a demon she was. Her blonde curly hair was only emphasizing this feeling, yet no one noticed them when they walked into the room.

It was different from the last time in Hell. Hailie could still remember that once she walked into Casino Hell with Lust, all eyes were set only on them. Back then, everybody froze and started staring at them. Nothing like that happened this time, which was making Hailie beyond happy. Staying unnoticed was just the thing she hoped for.

"Are you nervous?" Pride whispered to her because she felt her hand being slowly crushed by Hailie's tight grip.

"Being here, now it feels like a bad idea."

"Because it is a very bad idea. I told you right away."

The original plan assumed only Pride's presence in Hell. She wanted to visit Greed, especially that she must've felt so alone down here. She could read in between the lines in her letter. Besides, Pride never complained about Hell's parties. That was quite a good and fun part of living here. Of course, she wouldn't trade Earth for parties, not ever. But she can come here from time to time to see Greed.

"Don't lie, you wanted me to go."

Pride smiled. "Maybe a little, but it was your idea."

Hailie swallowed. Yes, it was. Once she heard that Pride was going to leave on New Year's Eve, that was it. Shane already left for New York, and she was not into spending this evening with her parents. Even Molly left for some party with her friends. Staying at home was lame and boring, and she would just feel more depressed and alone.

"Who doesn't like a little risk in life?" she chuckled, but it sounded way more nervous than before.

There was something more to it. Since Lust left, Hailie had a lot of bad ideas, thinking about him. Part of her wanted to see him again so desperately, the other part wished to forget forever.

"You're safe here, Hailie." Not only because she was with Pride, but generally.

"I know, I know." But it still felt weird and dangerous.

"And you look really beautiful. Better watch out for demons, who might want to flirt with you." She winked at her, making Hailie blush.

"One was enough," she whispered, thinking that she wouldn't like demons hitting on her. Right now, she has had enough of a love life. Although she believed she looked pretty, not only thanks to Pride, but due to her parents, who didn't even know what to say as they saw her. They commented on her look breathtaking. Also, that they never saw her that way and Hailie didn't know if that was a good or bad thing.

"Don't worry. I've got your back."

They walked deeper into a room that was crowded with demons and other hellish entities. Some of them even looked humanlike, but most of them had something that was hinting at their supernatural origin. Horns, tails, scales, feathers, fangs, Hailie saw all kinds of kinds. And all the skin colors possible. Two legs, three legs, four legs. She didn't know what to look at, moreover, she didn't know who wouldn't mind her looking. What were the rules in Hell? Could you look someone in the eyes? And what if their whole face was in their eyes? In which one you're supposed to look? And if there were no eyes? Hailie had so many questions.