Sixteen

The next three days they did everything they could think of, from going to a 24/7 diner at 3 in the morning to jumping off a cliff at 6 in the morning

They were just young and wild, they didn't care who was watching, they just wanted to have fun like it's the end of the world and they did it.

They had so much fun. The kind of fun they would tell their kids years later.

And finally the last day arrived. The last night of staying together. The final night to say goodbye to their lovely road trip.

Taehyung and Jungkook were lying down in the grass and looking at the stars, "is this the final night we are going to look at the stars together?" Jungkook asked, his voice almost cracked.

"No! I promise you that we will watch a lot of sunsets and stars together."

Jungkook hummed and didn't say anything else.

"You don't sound convinced" Taehyung frowned.

"I am..but just worried. High school days are over and going back home would make it more real. We all will go to different colleges, especially with me and Jimin, I wonder if he will replace me with someone else...I know it won't happen but I'm just worried...and I've also been thinking about what you said, not to do something I don't like"

"Yeah,Growth is painful, change is painful but nothing is as painful as staying somewhere you don't belong." Taehyung said.

" I never understood it before but now after getting to experience a life where I find myself smiling so easily, enjoying things a lot...I'm not sure if I want to go back to doing what I was doing" Jungkook sighed.

"I think it's good that you realize it. I would encourage you to find what you truly like or at least find something that you don't get tired of...that way you would feel comfortable to choose that as your path"

Jungkook nodded, "I never asked what you wanted to do?"

"Probably take over our family restaurant, I like food, I like cooking sometimes...so I guess I could get used to it" Taehyung smiled, "It would be a funny sight to see me as a chef, with that long hat" he chuckled, "I should definitely become a chef"

Jungkook laughed along, "you want to become a chef just because you like that pointy hat?"

Tae shrugged, "I enjoy simple things"

"I know..you like me"

Taehyung turned to face Jungkook, "Baby you are not simple you know that right?"

Jungkook shrugged and focused back on the stars.

"Look at me, you are not simple, you are so special...sometimes when I look at you I just get so overwhelmed" Tae could feel the tears pricking the corner of his eyes.

"Why?"

"Cause you are so....so....you...just you. When I first met you I thought you were cute but then coming on this road trip I could see all of your layers and it was too late, I fell for you before I realized." Taehyung took a deep breath, "I love you Jungkook, so much I hope you could see yourself through my eyes"