✵cherry✵

Your POV

Maybe macaroons will make me feel better.

I'm walking down the sidewalk, coming back from the doctor's office. I'm taking full advantage of walking and movement right now. I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and I'm nearing the point of total discomfort 24/7. But right now, I can still walk fairly easily. I've walked to every appointment I've had, actually. The doctor's office is extremely close to our apartment, so it's been good for me to get out. Sometimes Timothèe comes with me, but he's been filming something new, (in NYC, fortunately, because the months without him are just so hard), and his filming schedule has been rather sporadic and demanding. They don't just film from nine to five - it's all specific and relative. He'll make sure he's with me to the big appointments and most of the ultra sounds, but he can't just drop everything for a routine checkup. So today, it was just me at the doctor.

And walking home, I feel a familiar sudden switch in emotion. This pregnancy has been full of hormones for me, and lately, my mood swings are getting very random and hard to manage. For some reason, I feel so low right now. (Even though the doctor told me that I'm completely on track, and the baby is very healthy, and I know that Timothèe will be home when I get back). So it's hard for me to resist macaroons when I pass the enticing, sweet shop. I'm always hungry anyway.

The shop smells incredible, like freshly baked sugar. My mouth waters with anticipation as I stare at the lineup of macaroon flavors. They're all brightly colored, and they look delicious. I take my time mentally choosing what I want, what I might want in an hour, (even though the cherry flavor looks repulsive right now, I might want it later), and choosing what I think Timothèe will like best.

I tell the girl behind the counter what I want and she packages them in a white box. I pay way too much money for them before walking out, feeling lighter than before. I just shut down my random sadness with macaroons. Mission accomplished.

Usually I take my time on my walks home from the doctor to soak up the outside world, (and also because I physically can't move very quickly). It's hard for me to find motivation to get out of the house though, because I usually just want to curl up against my pregnancy pillow and watch Netflix. So it's nice to linger outside a bit longer, even if walking the two blocks causes slight discomfort.

But today, I haven't seen Timothèe since he got up this morning at 5am to get to set early. Apparently they were shooting a morning scene, and he had to drag himself out of our warm bed, say goodbye to me, and leave for the whole day. I miss him. I want to tell him that everything is still fine and I'm on track with my due date. I want to see his face flash with relief and excitement. I want to surprise him with macaroons.

I'm giddy with anticipation as I make it back to our apartment, taking the elevator and unlocking the door. I step inside and kick off my shoes, (I can't bend over anymore - haven't been able to in months), and set my bag down on our small table.

Timothèe is on the couch of our living room reading his book, but he quickly sets it down and walks over to me.

He doesn't say anything, just wraps his arms gently around me and gives me the sweetest, softest hug. I melt into him, sighing over his shoulder.

"How are you?" he asks. And he's genuinely asking, genuinely concerned about me and the baby.

"We're all fine. Everything's fine," I assure him. "And look," I say, pulling away and holding out the bag, "I got us macaroons." I tell him. His face lights up at all of the good news.

"You are literally the best. Ever," he tells me, leaning in and pressing a kiss against my cheek. My heart swells at the tiny action.

We make our way to the couch and I set the macaroons on the coffee table before finally, finally, sitting down, relieving all of the tension in my legs and lower back. Timothèe sits next to me, laying his head in my lap and closing his eyes.