✭new year's eve✭

Your POV

The party we're at is extremely loud.

I adjust my black mini skirt and sparkly tank top as I try to make my way through the crowd of sweaty bodies.

This is one of Timmy's friend's parties, and it was fun before I completely lost him. The mansion we're in is huge, and I've been searching for him for twenty minutes now. It's 11:49pm. Soon it will be the new year, and I don't want to miss that moment with him.

"Hey..." I hear a slow voice say in my ear over the loud music. Someone wraps their hands around my waist and tugs me toward them. "You look fucking hot. Are you here alone?" It's a random guy.

"No... get off of me," I say, elbowing him in the chest as hard as I can.

"What the fuck, bitch!" he yells over the music. I shake my head and keep making my way through the sea of people. Finally I emerge and reach the balcony. It overlooks NYC, and the glittering lights look like thousands of tiny stars. The night air is cool against my skin, and the music is muffled from here so that I have room in my head to think.

"Hey."

I jump at the voice from behind me, turn quickly, and hold my arms out defensively.

"Woah, calm down," Timmy says, holding his hands up.

"God, sorry. You scared me," I say, lowering my stance. "Some guy in there tried to... well... never mind." I see his sudden defensive look and decide not to finish my story.

"Sorry I lost you in there," he says, walking toward me.

"It's fine."

He pushes my back lightly against the railing on the balcony and places his hands around my head, tangling his fingers through my hair. His lips hover centimeters from mine, and his breath tickling my face makes me instantly hazy. I lean forward to kiss him, but he moves back.

"Nope. Not until 12," he says. I push him away, fold my arms over my chest, and put on my best pouty face.

"No fair. You tricked me," I whine.

"Don't worry. We only have... one more minute," he says, checking his phone. I sigh and turn toward the city lights again. He stands next to me, his long fingers folding over the edge of the railing.

"I have loved spending this year with you," he says, staring not at me but at the city.

"I have loved spending this year with you too," I tell him.

"I want to spend forever with you," he tells me, still not looking at me.

He's never said that to me. It makes my breath hitch in a good way.

"I do too," I say, turning and facing him. He still watches the city, his perfect features illuminated in the pale moonlight.

"Really?" he asks, finally turning to me.

I hear the people inside start to count down the seconds.

"Yes."

Three!

"I want to spend forever with you," I repeat his words, bringing my hand to his cheek.

Two!

He stares into my eyes, his emerald ones gleaming in the moonlight.

One!

Is that a look of pure giddiness I see painted across his features?

Happy New Year!

He leans in and finally kisses me. It is pure bliss.

"Here's to forever," he says, breaking away and speaking the words into my lips.

"Forever."