♡valentine's day♡

Your POV

I wake up to Timothée hovering over me leaving small kisses all across my face. I open my eyes and smile at him. He leaves one more kiss on my nose before pulling back.

"I couldn't wait any longer for you to wake up," he says.

"That's okay. Happy Valentine's Day," I tell him. He grins and kisses me on the lips.

"Happy Valentine's Day," he whispers. He rolls off of the bed and stands next to it, holding his hand out. I take it and get up next to him, rubbing my eyes.

"I have breakfast," he tells me with a grin.

"Oh?"

"Yep. It's in the kitchen." He happily leads the way, and when we get to the kitchen, I see two bagel sandwiches waiting on our table.

"Tompkins Square? Thank you!" I say, sitting down and biting into mine. It's delicious. He sits across from me and we eat our bagels while talking and watching the city below from our kitchen window.

"I was thinking we could go for a hike today," I say, taking the last bite of my bagel.

"That sounds incredible," he says. He stands and takes both of our plates, throwing them in the sink.

"First, I have something for you though," I say, unable to hide my grin of excitement. I've been working on a painting of our favorite place - a beautiful field that we like to picnic at in the northern part of the state. I've been so excited to give it to him.

"Okay. I have something for you too," he says. "Let me go get it." He leaves and I walk to the guest bedroom, pulling the wrapped painting out from the closet. It's about a foot tall and two feet wide, and I used acrylics. I hope he likes it.

We both meet each other back in the kitchen. He hands me a small, wrapped box.

"Thank you," I say, taking it from him. I unwrap it and realize it's a jewelry box. I open it slowly. It's a beautiful pair of golden, topaz earrings. "Timothée... woah..." I say, staring at them.

"Do you like them?" he asks. He's sitting on the edge of his chair, leaning agianst the table, his fingers twisted together. Eager.

"I love them," I tell him. He smiles.

"I know that's your favorite stone... so I figured you would like them," he says. They're perfect. Suddenly my heart drops as I remember what I got him. Well, made him.

"What?" he asks, seeing my face fall.

"Well... I just... I didn't get you something like this... there's more to what I got you, it just isn't here yet," I lie.

"Y/N, you didn't have to get me anything at all. I'm just lucky to spend the day with you," he says. Why does he have to be so perfect?

I reluctantly slide the painting over to him. He takes it and starts unwrapping it, an excited smile on his face. That's one thing I love about him - he wears his emotions completely on his face so you always know how he's feeling.

When he slides it out of the wrapping paper, he stares at it for a moment. I bite my nail anxiously.

His lips slightly part as he holds it up, taking it in.

"Y/N... this is beautiful," he says after a moment. "Oh my god. This is incredible."

Something inside me bursts with joy at his words.

"Really? I feel so bad... it's not something fancy or anything..." I mumble.

"Are you kidding? This is awesome. It's our place! Where can we put it?" he asks eagerly. He still hasn't torn his eyes away from it, and his voice is eager.

"You like it?" I ask.

"Y/N, of course I like it. This is, like, the best gift anyone has ever given me. I mean, how do you do this? You're so talented," he says. He stands quickly and starts holding it up to various places on the wall, trying to see where it would fit best.

I sigh with relief.

"I think it should go here," he says, holding it up next to our window.

"Okay," I say.

He sets it down on the counter and walks over to me, bending down and kissing me.

"I love you so much," he says quietly, pulling away from my lips only a few inches.

"I love you so much," I tell him.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Y/N," he says. I grin and wrap my hands around his neck, pulling him back down to kiss me again.