✾proud✾

Your POV

"Chalamet's eyes reveal both the memory of the ecstasy of Elio's time with Oliver and the immense agony of losing him. It is no exaggeration to say that, through them, he allows us to see into his soul. In a film of acutely sensitive moments, what Chalamet does here, as Elio breaks down and begins to put himself together again, is very special. It's a completely transparent performance. There are no masks. Mr. Perlman has wisely advised his son not to make himself 'feel nothing so as not to feel anything.' Here, Chalamet exposes how Elio feels everything. We do, too - the totality of his experience of first love, from lust to heartbreak. No words required. Guadagnino has described Chalamet as a 'beautiful, budding flower,' but in Call Me By Your Name, he is truly an actor in full bloom."

I gush with pride as I read the article.

That's my boyfriend that they're talking about.

I'm sitting on our couch, holding the magazine like it's worth a million dollars, running my fingers delicately over the pages, making sure not to crease it anywhere. Which is stupid, because it was three dollars and there are billions of copies.

I picked it up on my walk; I saw it sitting on display at a newspaper stand. I see his magazines all the time, of course, but for some reason I decided to buy this one. I'm glad I did. I feel like I don't see these reviews enough.

I never forget how incredible he is, of course. There's nothing more disillusioning than watching one of his movies and feeling convinced that the character actually exists, only to be sitting right next to him. He just captivates people. He's brilliant. But to really read about it like this makes me swell with joy.

The front door opens behind me, and I throw the magazine on the coffee table.

"Hey," Timmy says, kicking off his shoes.

I stand, walk over to him, and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him down to me in a tight hug. He hesitates, confused, before hugging me back. I hold him close, just feeling his body against mine.

After a while, I pull back and smile at him.

"Um, you know I love your hugs, but is everything okay," he asks, grinning and raising his eyebrows.

"I'm just really... I don't know. Proud of you?" I say.

"Oh?" he says, still grinning.

"Look at what they said about you," I say walking back over to the coffee table. I pick up the magazine and he sits on the couch while a stand and read him what I just read.

He laughs when I'm finished.

"Where did you even get that?" he asks.

"I was just going for a walk and I saw it at a stand - I figured, why not?" I say. I walk over to him and stand in between his legs. I pick up one of his curls and twist it in my fingers, looking down at him. "I'm just proud. I'm proud to know you," I tell him.

He looks up at me with a smile.

"I'm proud to know you too. Such an incredible journalist. Breaking all the boundaries with your work," he tells me. He still has that cute grin painted all over his face. He runs his long hands up my legs and over my waist.

I push him down on the couch by his shoulder so that he's laying down, and I straddle him. I bite my lip before leaning down and pressing my lips against his cute grin.

"Can we watch one of your movies tonight?" I ask between kisses.

"Sure," he says. "But let's finish this first." He pulls me back down to him and kisses me again.

hey. thank you so much for reading, it means the world to me. I know you didn't come here for my personal life story, but I'm really struggling with my mental health and my best friend has been terrible to me, so I finally got out of that toxic friendship. it's been really, really hard, but writing these and seeing this grow has been getting me through this. I'm a senior in high school, and this year just really sucks due to COVID. I know there are worse problems, obviously, but feeling isolated and alone all the time is super difficult. this keeps me going though, so thank you for the support :)

if you have any requests at all, do not hesitate to send them to me. I'll write anything - some inspiration would be awesome.