❉pool party❉

Your POV

We walk up to Jenna's door and he squeezes my hand, giving me a soft smile and making sure I'm okay before opening it slowly. Inside there are people everywhere, dancing, talking, holding red solo cups. The music is loud and the lights are low. This house party is like straight out of a movie.

We don't go to a ton of parties, but this one at Jenna's house would be one to remember. Inside, we push our way through the sea of bodies, his hand still holding mine, making me feel safe and reminding me that no matter what happened we had each other.

"Hey! Y/N! Timothée!"

Jenna is sitting on her kitchen counter, motioning us towards her with a smile. We walk over to her and she hands us both empty cups.

"Hey Jenna. How's it going?" I ask. Timothée takes both of the cups and hands me one, reaching behind Jenna and grabbing some red wine. He pours a tiny bit into his cup and holds it out to me. I nod and he pours some in mine. I don't even care what it is.

"Pretty good. Lot's of people here. I'm glad you guys came, I know you don't always come out. But it's good to have you here," she says. Her boyfriend comes up next to her and snakes his hand around her waist.

"Thanks for throwing this," Timothée says, setting the wine bottle back on the marble counter.

"Yeah, no problem. Check out the pool! It's fine if you didn't bring swimsuits, most people are just in their underwear anyways," she says.

"Okay, thanks," Timothée says. She doesn't answer because her boyfriend has latched his lips to hers, and they're making out aggressively on the countertop. I grin and turn to Timothée.

"Classy," I remark to him.

"If you'd let me that's what we'd be doing right. Now," he says, his voice low so that only I can hear.

It makes me blush profusely, even after all this time.

"Come on, let's go out back," he says. Our hands detach as we walk through the house, but I don't mind. I don't need to be connected to him every moment.

Jenna's house is huge and extremely fancy. Her parents are both lawyers, so of course her family has money that they don't even know what to do with. I marvel for a moment at a fancy painting of a sunset that hangs on the wall. It shocks me that some people have the money for things like that. It must be worth millions.

Timothée tugs me and I tear my eyes away from the painting, following him outside.

"Sorry," he says, "I just can't stand to be smashed against all of those people."

"I get it."

"Should we swim?" he asks, gesturing with one slender finger over the the pool. Tons of people are sitting on the edge, swimming, jumping in.

It looks fun, but I don't know that I want to.

"Can we just sit over there and talk?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure."

We sit on Jenna's patio, talking to everyone and just having a good time. The wine tastes good, but I'm no wine connoisseur so every wine tastes fine to me.

"Y/N let's go swim," my friend Riley says to me. We've been talking for the past fifteen minutes.

I don't want to swim. Just looking at everyone, and how beautiful they all are, and how perfect all their bodies seem makes me want to completely disappear into thin air. Nothing would make me more anxious right now than taking off my clothes and getting in the water.