✺puppy✺

Your POV

"I'M ON THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS AND I KNOW EVERYTHING THAT SHINE AIN'T ALWAYS GONNA BE GOLD HEY I'LL BE FINE ONCE I GET IT YEAH I'LL BE GOOOOOOOOD - AHH!"

I'm scream-singing in the kitchen of our apartment to Kid Cudi so loud that I don't hear the front door open until Timmy slams it shut behind him, scaring the crap out of me. I whirl around, accidentally dropping my toast on the floor. I reach over to the speaker and turn the music way down, bringing my hand to my chest to try to recover from being startled.

"Sorry!" he says brightly. "Sorry I scared you, but Y/N! Look!" he says excitedly. It's now that I realize he's holding a dog by its collar. Its a bright golden lab, and it's adorable. He let's go of the collar and the dog bounds forward, jumping up on me and stealing my fallen toast, gobbling it down.

I bend down and pet the dog as it eats.

"Isn't she adorable? Such a good girl," he says, walking quickly over to pet the dog with me.

"Yeah, she's absolutely beautiful, but Timmy why did you bring a dog home with you?" I ask, giggling as she jumps up to where I'm crouched down and licks my face.

"Well I think she's a stray. She was just wandering around Central Park and I checked to see if she had a collar. She didn't, so I stopped at the pet store right near the park and bought one just so I could hold onto her to get her up here. I don't think I actually needed to because she followed me all the way there. But I named her 'Daisy' on the way back here. We're pretty much best friends already," he says.

"Daisy! That's adorable. Aww Daisy," I pet her as she jumps up to me again, almost tackling me to the ground.

"I know. I stayed for a while in the same spot but she didn't have a leash or anything so I think she wandered away from somewhere... I feel terrible that someone might have lost her, but there's no way we can find her owners in a city this big. I definitely think she's a stray though," he says.

Daisy jumps over to him now, and she actually does manage to tackle him to the ground. He giggles, laying flat on his back as Daisy jumps all over his body. He scrunches up his face as she licks it, and I sit cross-legged on the floor.

This is quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever witnessed.

"She looks really young," he says. He sits up when Daisy runs away from him, bounding throughout our apartment.

"Yeah, she must just be a puppy," I say.

We watch Daisy run around our living room. She's extremely hyper, but I think she's just excited. I look over at Timmy, who's sitting next to me. His eyes light up as he watches her run around, and he wraps his arms around her when she comes back, jumping on his lap. His smile reaches his eyes as he plays with her.

His inner animal is without a doubt a puppy. He's got the same natural enthusiasm and sometimes uncontrollable excitement. He's also slightly clumsy, which I love about him.

"Okay Y/N, I cannot give her to the shelter. I can't. Can we keep her?" he asks me between laughs as Daisy jumps up on him over and over again.

"Of course. She's perfect," I say reaching over and smiling.

***

We spend the whole day taking her to the vet and getting her shots, learning about how to take care of dogs, and buying everything on the planet that Daisy might need.

That night we lay in bed, with a now calmer Daisy curled up in between us. We both watch her fondly and talk about how excited we are to be pet-parents.

"What will we do when we both have to travel?" I ask.

"My mom will love her. She'll be more than happy to take care of her for as long as we need her to. But there are also kennels that can take care of her if we need that," he says.

We both stroke her soft, golden fur lightly, and her eyes close completely.

"Are we really going to be the people who let their dog sleep with them?" I ask.

"Oh yeah," he says, reaching over and turning off the lamp.

"I have no problem with that," I say. We both lay our hands on her in the dark, our fingertips touching.

"I love you. And I love Daisy," I tell him.

"Me too," he whispers through the dark.

I definitely fall asleep smiling.

I literally cannot believe I'm almost to 10k. I feel like I know all of you in a weird way. I love you all so much. this is always a safe space. thank you from the bottom of my heart (: