38- He fell in love

"What?"

The young woman furrowed her brows in confusion and disbelief. She just could not believe her ears. "I am interested in you" Ezekial spoke. His words made the young woman shook her head. "No, you do not like me. You can't like me. I am not the one you should like"

Mara said with a stone face. Ofc,how could she accept it? Ezekial was the second male lead, the one who was supposed to fall for the female lead of the novel. "Then who is the one I should like?" the man questioned as he stared into the young woman's eyes.

"You will know later... she is the one who you have met before. The cute girl who needs to be protected at all cost" Mara spoke as she broke the eye contact, ready to go back to the company. However Ezekial's words stopped her. "But I can only see you in my eyes"

Mara blinked twice. When did the second male lead become so flirty like that? He was like an ice who melted so fast. He did not look like the one Mara knew. "You are so different from the rumors. They say you are a heartless ice cube. But I don't think so"

The young woman furrowed her brows. Something was wrong. This was not the second male lead she knew. This was not the novel she knew. The novel was changing. Was it because the Mara Athena who was supposed to be dead was still alive?

"Believe whatever you want. It doesn't change the fact that I am interested in you" Ezekial's lips formed into a small smile as his eyes showed full of affection. "What if I am not?" Mara raised her eyebrow, questioning with a cold face.

"I still like you"

Ezekial spoke as the young woman frowned. "No... please excuse me, I have a meeting today" Mara stood up from the seat, ready to leave. "I will be waiting for your love" Ezekial said with a smile, not stopping the young woman who was leaving.

Mara furrowed her brows and stepped out of the restaurant but the reality hit her. "I don't have car.." she murmured furiously and put out the phone from the purse. "Come pick me up. I will send the location right now" The young woman called the driver.

She walked onto the road, not letting the man in the restaurant see that she had to wait for company's car for a few minutes. "Ezekial.. why the heck are you interested in me?" Mara murmured furiously as she squeezed her eyes.

There must be a way to change the second male lead's heart. He had to like the female lead no matter what. She did not want to meet death flags. "Finally.." the young woman sighed in relief at the sight of the car stopping in front of her.

"Thanks" she thanked the driver for opening the car door. There was a tightened frown on her face. Feeling tired of the mess. When the young woman left, Ezekial let out a sigh. He knew it. He knew that she was going to reject him.

But he could not accept it.

The rejection from the young woman was what he expected, but still he hated it. He thought she would give a chance at least. However, she only said he was not supposed to like her. it was as if he already had the owner. As if he already had a girl to love.

"Mara..." Ezekial said under his breath. No matter how much the young woman rejected him, he could not stop giving his all attention to her. She was getting his attention without trying. He was the one who was crazy about this young woman.

His heart was the one which was racing like drums. His lips were the ones which were smiling like a fool whenever he saw her. His eyes were the ones which could not look at others except her. His mind was the one which could not stop thinking about her.

He fell in love really hard. He fell in love at first sight. He fell in love with someone for the first time in his life. He fell in love with the woman who did not give attention to him. Ezekial stood up from the seat, not giving up on chasing the woman.