°~Why?~°

You stare at Jimin, uninterested as he shifts nervously in his seat.

The waitress who had assisted the two of you last time approached the table slowly, aware of tension between the two.

"Um, would you two like anything to eat or drink?"
She says softly, fidgeting with her fingers.
You turn to her and shake your head, smiling a little.
"No thank you."

She nods, and scurries away behind the counter, peeking at the two of you from there.
You run a hand down your face with an exhaustive sigh.

"I expected more from you."
You say bluntly, scrolling through your phone.
"Like I said, I had my reasons."
He replies, his voice smaller than normal.

You shove your phone in your pocket, leaning forward onto the table with your hands as your support.
"And what are those reasons?"
"Also like I said, I can't-"
You slam your fist onto the table, and the cutlery vibrates on it. The waitress startles behind the counter, and Jimin stares at you with wide eyes.

"I deserve a fucking reason, because you've put me into this shit. If you could've just told the truth, none of this would've happened."
You spit out, your eyes snapping to the waiter staring at the two of you and back to Jimin.

He folds his hands, leaning into his chair with a deep frown etched onto his face as you speak up.
"And so I ask again. Why did you lie? Why did you defend her over me when you knew what the real situation was?"

"Because I can't see her receive hate from anyone. I can't and won't allow her to break apart again."
He states through gritted teeth.
You're taken aback, as you lean into your chair.

"And you're fine with doing that at my cost? What about me? Do you think I deserve the shitty remarks people throw at me everywhere I go?!"
You raise your voice, and a few other people at tables lift their heads to stare at the two of you with widened eyes.

"And you think I don't feel guilty about that?"
Jimin whisper yells, clenching his fists  little.

In a span of 5 minutes, the two couples in the café at other tables had payed their bill and left, leaving only you an Jimin alone with the curious waitress behind the counter.

"Either way, I would have felt guilty. But I'm not the only one at fault."
He says in a low voice, adjusting his cap.
You run your hand down your face again, gazing out the window.

"But I'm still sorry."
He says, voice smaller as he glances  at you from under his cap.
You snap your eyes to him, travelling over his sullen figure.

You knew you were at fault in this situation as well. You knew that you were weak when it came to controlling your emotions. You let your temper burst out over a little midget that was nothing compared to you.

Yet, he had taken her side. You close your eyes, clenching your fists. Everytime you thought about her, it sent you into a frenzy. That same burning feeling under your skin arose as the images of her and Jimin popped into your mind.

Why am I so affected by her?

The sound of an annoying ringtone snaps you out of your trance, and you see Jimin pulling out his phone. On reading the name of the contact, he hesitates for a moment, and declines the call, placing the phone on the table.

You stare at him, and he lifts his head up. His glassy eyes meet yours.
"Just so you know, you're not the only one having a bad time here. She's still suspended too."
You roll your eyes.
"Like I give a crap."

He scoffs, lowering his head and shaking it.
"Nothing gets through to you, does it?"
You fold your arms as you open your mouth to reply.

His phone rings again, and you scrunch your nose at the ringtone.
"Really? Elvis Presley?"
He glares at you.
"I could say the same about your NCT ringtone. They're overrated."
Your jaw drops open in offense.
"Excus-"

(A/N: For the touchy, problematic people who would come at me for this - this is just Jimin being a rude ass bitch in my story. I'm not hating on NCT, and neither am I implying that the members have rivalry between members of NCT. If I see any rude comments or fights, the comments will be deleted, and the user muted.)

The phone rings again and you pinch the bridge of your nose in annoyance. Your eyes travel to the phone that lay on the table. You manage to see the caller ID before Jimin takes the phone.

Bora.

You grit your teeth, as he stares at the ID and then raises his gaze to you.
"I'll be right back."
He states, standing up and exiting the shop in a swift move. With one hand in his pocket and the other pressing the phone to his ear, you see him talking.

You see a small smile grace his face as he talks to her. You snap your head away from the sight, clenching your fists.

You didn't notice his face suddenly fall flat as he spoke into the phone with a low, surprised voice. And neither did you notice the way he immediately drew his eyes to your sitting form through the glass, a layer of panic lingering behind his enchanting eyes.

And before you knew it, he took long strides into the café, rushing you out with him.

"Jimin! What is wrong with you?"
You yell as he shakes his head, walking fast ahead of you.
"I have something to tell you."
"What is it?"
You ask, a bad feeling lingering under your skin.

"Not good. Not good at all."

A/N:  HAPPY ARMY DAYYYYY!!
STREAM PERMISSION TO DANCE!
Don't make me get out my eyebrow shaver. 💀

💜Borahae💜 see you in the next chapter!

Yours hoefully,

Kim ✨