Chapter 4: The Curse and The Pupil

-2nd POV
-John's House

Riding the bus to John's house. The three of you entered and gave out a sigh of relief.

Seraphina: "What...the hell was that?"

Y/N: "Only one possible answer. A ghost-"

John: "It wasn't a ghost Y/N, it was some guy trying to mug us...probably."

John now began to stretch, saying how he had enough of excitement for today, but Y/N and Sera seemed to think of the same thing.

How did he know there was someone there?

Seraphina: "John...how did you know there was someone following us?"

She was able to get it out quicker than Y/N realized. Unlike Y/N, Seraphina isn't afraid to say what's on her head.

John: "I don't know...maybe a gut feeling?"

Y/N: "Gut feeling came out clutch then. Tell your gut I said thank you."

John: "Haha, I will."

Although, that answer wasn't enough to satisfy Seraphina. First, Y/N's ability and him dozing off, and now this?

It was clear as daylight.

The both of you were hiding something.

John: "Are you guys hungry? I'll make some ramen."

Y/N: "Thank you for the offer, but no. I need to head back to the dorm to catch a TV show."

Seraphina: "I second Y/N's answer. It's getting late, I'll head back to the dorms too."

John: "WHA-!? ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY? You two want to go back to that? What if there's more of them?"

Seraphina: "I can take care of myself."

Y/N: "Me too. You heard the man. '6-9'"

John had gotten closer to you and Seraphina as he sighed.

John: "Look, I know that. But don't you guys think it's a lot safer in here? Why risk it when you can go back out tomorrow when it's bright?"

Y/N: "You are making a good point...but only on one condition."

John: "What?"

Y/N: "I get to watch TV here."

John: "Be my guest. Feel welcomed."

You smiled and pump fisted the air as you grab the remote and sat on the couch.

TimeSkip

"...UWAAA! I will erase you from the face of the universe! Y/N!"

"Y-you can't..."

"Huh?! BWAHAHA! What makes you think I won't be able to knight?"

"I've...made it too far. I've lost some. I've won some. I've lost my friends. I've gained new friends. All of those that have been with me from the start...trust me! I won't let their deaths be in vain! From everyone!"

The knight holds up his sword as it doesn't radiate its natural flame, but a blue light.

"This from the then people of Chaldea, the people of Earth, the people from across time and space! This is...the Universe's Hope!!!"

As the knight ran towards his enemy, the frame was frozen before they struck, and it faded into white.

"Before we get to that part of me...we need to start from the beginning."