Part 50

[8 YEARS LATER]

SIDHARTH'S POV

My dad was here one minute and now he’s gone. I realized, that’s it. All of the things you work hard for and stress about, you don’t take them with you. Then, when you see your child for the first time, you’re like… WOW! and you realize that it’s a cycle.

The day she was born, my sweetheart, my Saanvi, I developed an incredible appreciation for my wife, my Shehnaaz, more than any appreciation I ever had. She produced a life and turned us from a couple into a family. She became a super-person, like a God, someone who created life. And then she sustained that life, fundamentally changing my understanding of what it means to be a nurturing women. And she, my daughter, transformed me into a father, and launched me into a new stage of life.

The first few days were very scary, but for no good reason other than our inexperience. Everything was fine. Saanvi was doing everything a baby needs to do. We started to obsess, taking pictures, documenting every poop, feeding, the number of hours she'd nap. It was totally silly of course. 

I still remember Shehnaaz and me dropping Saanvi off to school for the first time and it was a very emotional moment for us. Today, Saanvi is going to give her first dance performance, trust me, we are very excited about her first performance ever.

"Chalo sab meko best of luck bol do.." Saanvi said and she carried her small bag along.

"All the best mere bache! Tu apna best dena okay.." My mom (Rita Ji) caressed her head and wished her.

"Time pe aana Dadi.. Mai apke liye seat pe apna bag rakh dungi.. Ok?" the lil one asked.

"Ok.. I'll be on time! Mai apni poti ka dance kaise miss kar sakti hu..!" Mom gushed, looking as excited as hers.

"Abhi chale? Steps yaad hai na..? Waha pe bheed dekh ke darna mat puttu.. Waheguru ka naam leke shuru ho jana ok? Mai backstage pe rahungi ok?" Shehnaaz worriedly spoke and daabed her daughters cheeks correcting the makeup a lil bit.

"Shehnaaz.. Tu ja toh rahi hai saath me.. Tu kyu itna tension le rahi hai?" I told, asking her to relax. It might make the lil one worried.

"Ha.. Thik hai.. Thik hai.. Tu Mom ko leke time aa jana.. I'll see you in the school's auditorium.." she spoke, walking back to the table to grab her handbag and turned to Saanvi.

"Bunny.. Blessings li Dadi ki? Chale puttu? " she asked.

"Wait mumma.." Saanvi spoke as she ran inside Mom's room and came back a minute later.

"Vo Dadu ki blessings nahi li thi.." she smiled coming towards us. I swear, my heart swelled with immense joy and love for her. She loved my father, Mom used to tell her about Dad and she always listened so intensely, that she used to talk to Dad's photo and called him Dadu.

"My baby.." I picked her up and kissed her cheek lovingly. Even Mom and Shehnaaz were heartfelt.

"Papa jaldi aana.. Byee!" she said before kissing me back and walking out with Shehnaaz. The mother daughter duo were leaving now, Mom and me were going a lil late because we had some official stuff to look at, in the orphanage.

"I wish Dad could meet Saanvi and Shehnaaz.." I told Mom.

"He's still watching over them.." she mumbled and squeezed my hand.

Saanvi's performance was mind blowing, she had prepared it with the help of Shehnaaz and her dance teacher. A peppy song, convenient for kids to perform on. She was an amazing dancer for an 8 Year old, her lips sync.. Steps.. Expressions were adorable! And she did receive a prize!