Part 45

SHEHNAAZ'S POV

I reached home, had dinner with Mom and slumped into the bed, scrolling through my insta feed. I saw Riya's story, chilling at domino's. Wasn't she with him in the meeting?

"Hey!" I text her.

"Hii Sana!" she replied within minutes.

"Hogayi meeting?" I asked.

"Kabki hogayi.. That ws 5 in d evenin.." she replied with laughing stickers.

"I ws home by 6" her text said.

"Oh. Ok." maybe Sidharth didn't take her along because it was a late night scheduled meeting. It was over 11 now. Yash must be there with him, I assume.

"Aur bta.. Kkrh?" she texts again.

"Nothin.. Wait krri uska.." I replied.

"Sir ghar nahi aaye??" she asks. How come she doesn't know?

"Nhi.. Meeting me hai vo.. " I answered.

"What meeting? There wasn't any aftr that..!" she said. What? I called her right away.

"Hey.. All okay?" she said.

"Last meeting kab thi..?" I came straight to the point.

"That one in the evening.. 3 baje se 5 baje tak.." she said.

"Uske baad vali Riya!" I whine.

"Uske baad kuch nahi tha schedule me.. Sir himself asked me to take off.." she said.

"Are you sure? Shayad abhi late night meeting thi.. This could be the reason.. He didn't take you along.." I said.

"Yaar atleast I would have know about it.. I only prepare his schedules.." she spoke, getting worried.

"Ruk.. Yash must be with him.. Mai call karke dekhti hu.." I said and cut the call without waiting for her reply. Opened the calls log, and tapped on Yash's name. It's ringing, ringing and still ringing. I kept calling till her finally answers.

"Hello Yash? Is Sidharth with you?" I asked.

"Hm.. Han.. He's with me.." he replies.

"Phone dena usko zara.." I asked.

"No.. I cannot give him the phone now.. Meeting chal rahi hai na.." he said.

"It's almost 12! Kaisi meeting hai yeh?" I asked.

"mm... Abb what can I say? Kaam hai.." he sighs.

"But why wasn't Riya aware of this? Usko koi idea nahi tha abhi koi meeting hai..!" I said.

"Voh.. You better ask this from sir.. When he's back.. okay?" he said. Strange!

"Hm.. Kitna time lagega aur..?" I asked.

"You ask too many questions! Ajaayenge abhi.. Don't worry.." he said, he was calm and unable to answer to my questions at the same time.

"Hm" I laid back again. Riya pinged me again.

"Baat hui Yash se?" she asked.

"Han.. There was a meeting.. Still goin on.." I said.

"How's that possible ya?" she's confused, me too.

"Koi nah Riya.. So jaa baad me baat karenge.." I told.

"Okay.. Gud nyt!" she sent the last message. I kept the phone back, waiting for him. It buzzed again, hoping it would be something from Yash, I unlocked it.

Unadulterated Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें