Part 18

Sidharth's POV

My alarm buzzed at 7 sharp. I snoozed it.

Still wanting to stay in bed. Shifting my eyes to left, there she is. Wrapped in the large blanket all by herself. Her hairs scattered to her right revealing her milky arched neck to me. Her hands and fingers have always been soft and tender, I wonder how it feels there. She stirred in sleep a little closer and I notice her little mouth is open. Cute!

Okay, stop! This is so not good. I shouldn't be looking at her that way.
But she looks so calm. Finally peaceful. For the entire last week she was so lost and sulking. I missed her chirpings and knock-knock jokes.

"Shehnaaz.. Uth jaa!"

"Wake up if you don't want to be late.." No movement.

"Hey.. Your phone's been ringing.. " Still no.

Idea. This will definitely work.

"It's your Mom! And I'm receiving it...
Hello aunty.. Sana?? Ha vo to mere bed pe so rahi hai mere sath.." I held back my laugh.

"HAVE YOU LOST IT?" she got up with a jerk and snatched her phone.

"Nahi mumma.. Mai nahi.." that's when she realised it was a-wake-up prank.

"Sidhaaaarth!!" she screeched.
I rolled off the bed laughing like crazy.

"Fatti? Haha... Fatt gayi thi na.. " I can't stop laughing. She threw pillows at me.

"Kutta! Kamina! Kanjar! Mere attack aa gaya tha abhi.." she said.

I got up to use the washroom, just then.
"Sidharth!"

"Ha"

"Preeti mam aa rahi hai!" she was peeping outside through the window.

"What.." I stood behind her to see, my sister.

"Oh No! What am I going to say her? I stayed overnight with you? What will she think of me? I slept with you?" she panicked.

"Oh yes.. You slept with me last night... didn't ya?" I cocked my left eye brow. Smirking at her.

"Oh shut up! We just shared the bed!" she scolds. She starts pacing around worriedly.
Muttering Wahegurus in between.

"Listen.. Stop panicking... You go down.. Act like you've just arrived to pick me up for some work.. Okay?" I suggest.

"Okay. Cool." she ran to pick up her purse.

Pulled out a rubber band, quickly tying a high pony. Then a lip balm to scrub her lips.

Corrected her shirt a bit and ran out of the room. Whoa! The girl was way too fast! I went to take a bath once she was gone.

Climbing down the stares. All dressed for the day, in my usual suits. I heard the girls talking.

"Hello there! Did I take too long?" I sat opposite to them in the chesterfield.
Preeti smiled. On the other hand Shehnaaz was,

"Good Morning Sidharth.. No.. You didn't take that long.. " oh, how sweetly she's faking it. Oscar level acting I must say.

"So.. You're here for?" I asked Preeti.
"Your breakfast.. Mom told me.." she said.

I nod. Yeah, I hate when Lata makes me paranthas in the morning.

"Um.. Shehnaaz.. Join us.." I invited.

"Okay" she took a seat with us.

"Whole grain cereals?" she looked surprised.