21

Shadow Keeper(2)

The party fought well. It was a bit surprising to witness Lee Hyunsung and Jung Heewon take charge, though it was to be expected with their experience.

Dokja stumbled forward, keeping Gilyoung behind him. Namwoon stayed at my rear as I stabbed a hole through a ground rat that had moved to pounce on us. "Everyone okay?" I shouted behind me as the others eyed the bodies around us.

Namwoon groaned from behind me, "My biceps fucking burn," He complained, limply holding onto his knife.

I chuckled, "Better get used to the pain, it'll only get worse from here on out."

I watched as Lee Hyunsung stood up, wiping a bit of sweat off of his forehead. "I'll live," He looked around the tunnel, hands resting on his hips.

Jung Heewon wheezed, swinging her arms once more. The ground rat screeched as it fell on its neck, hind legs bleeding heavily. With another raise of her sword, the screeching stopped.

I thrust my arms forward, holding onto the neck of a certain ground rat as I impaled its neck. It screeched, thrashing as I unlodged the knife before swiping it across its neck. The creature fell with a loud thump!

Namwoon and Gilyoung ran up to me, eyes wide as they watched me climb off of the carcass.

Screeeee!

Behind me, a relatively small number of ground rats rushed towards us. Despite their hideous appearance, the monsters were moderately smart. After scattering amongst our party, they headed towards the persons who seemed to be the weakest.

For some reason, I was targeted.

'I can't blame them for their hunter's instinct, but being targeted for seeming weak by a bunch of sewer monsters is not a good feeling,' I thought with a snarl.

"Leave it to me," I managed before I sprung to my feet and flew towards the creature running towards me, instinctively I knew Namwoon would take care of Gilyoung.

With a wide swing of my arms, the monster was hurled to the side of the tunnel and against the large walls. It lay limply as another of its kind ran towards me. I kicked up, distracting the monster enough to stab it right where its heart would be.

It groaned weakly as it ceased to continue breathing.

I looked around, breathing heavily as Yoo Sangah impaled one of the creatures with her spear, Lee Hyunsug knocked one out with his fists while Dokja and Jung Heewon took turns dancing around a couple of creatures before promptly cutting of their limb and leaving them to fester and die.

I watched as a ground rat pounced towards an unaware Yoo Sangah before Lee Hyunsung sliced it open.

"Noona! Watch out!" Gilyoung exclaimed as I turned around and thrust my knife out blindly, feeling it impale a rather large creature. It continued to thrash and snarl as I kicked up a bone and pushed it in replace of my knife.

"Dokja-ssi," Jung Heewon said as we killed the last one, "How many did you get?"

"Ah, I got four," He answered, a wry grin on his face.

"Really? I only got two!"

Lee Hyunsug smiled, "I got three," He turned towards me, "And what about you Ha-Neul-ssi?"

I pointed to myself, "Oh me? I got seven, why?" I asked, wiping off the blood from Namwoon's hands.

The three sweatdropped, clearing their throats as they looked away. "No-no reason."

"Ah, okay."

[Character Information]

Name: Lee Hyunsung