16

Hello everyone, Lady Genesis here.

It's been a while. Last week was especially hectic for me. I even had a family member pass away which added to the stress.

I'm really sorry for not being able to post an update for the past week. I wrote two chapters last night as compensation.

Enjoy!!

----

Line of Hypocrisy(1)

A meteor shower was pouring down in the starry sky, the light flashing like quick small fireworks in the sky. It was a sight that anyone would stop to admire, anyone but Yoo Jonghyuk.

[ It is Starting. ]

The meteor symbolized the start of the third main scenario. Now Seoul would slowly start to be destroyed, one by one according to the scenario.

Yoo Jonghyuk gazed up at the flashing sky before bowing his head and looking into the Han River.

The landscape around the Dongho Bridge had become desolate since the group of ichthyosaurs had moved downstream.

[ It was too much. ]

It had already been three days since Ha-Neul and that...Kim Dokja entered the Han River. It might've been too much to demand that they catch the ichthyosaur at a beginner's level, even for Ha-Neul.

[ Indeed, even for me, it would be hard to catch an ichthyosaur in three days. ]

But it would be impossible to take them if they couldn't even do this much. If they couldn't do that much, then they would only hinder Yoo Jonghyuk.

[ Two prophets aren't a big deal. ]

Yoo Jonghyuk closed his eyes in disappointment, He would go on his own once more. Without any companions.

[ This time I will definitely change it. ]

Before Yoo Jonghyuk could turn around, he felt a warm breeze circle around his body. It felt like...Ha-Neul. Yoo Jonghyuk's eyes widened in surprise.

{ You will not be alone this time, my- }

He stood standing still before turning around, an unnoticeable smile on his lips.

Perhaps he may have turned around too soon, but the only thing that mattered was the familiar female's voice that had whispered into his ears.

Only that mattered.

***

I took in a sigh of relief as I stood up, recalling the 'dream' I had just witnessed Yoo Jonghyuk in. 'It seems like he hasn't given up on us,' I thought to myself, stretching my arms.

I had decided to rest for a good fifteen minutes, instructing Bihyung to wake me up in exactly fifteen minutes.

Kim Dokja was still asleep. His breathing was much more noticeable, his heart rate much calmer. The Fever he had been slowly developing had disappeared.

I looked around the dimly lit tunnel of the ichthyosaur. "I really want to get out." As I said this, Dokja groaned and snuggled deeper into my chest.

I heard the sound of an electric current scatter as Bihyung disappeared without another word, probably to amuse himself over other situations that were currently taking place.

I breathed in.

The stream contract had taken place with more ease than I thought it would have. Of course, I was used to drawing and agreeing to contracts 'in real life.'