Part 5

JaBria Wrights
Atlanta

I woke up happily for some weird reasons, I was in love with the day already.

I felt happy to be alive for a change.

I got out of my little bed and did my morning routine happily singing SZA's songs.

I wore a red baggy top, black jeans and white brand less shoes.

I walked out of the house feeling like the baddest bitch and nobody can tell me nothing.

I walked to school and went straight to my happy place.

"Different hit different" I sung thinking I was alone.

"Different when you sitting alone all by your self" the new boy added on and I was thrown off, his voice was immaculate I didn't know he sung so well he hit every key right.

"Different when you might be thinking am with somebody else" I sung confidently.

"Am sure she ain't say that" he chuckled at me.

"Shut up" I teased laughing but he just stared at me like I was a new baby with so much love and awe in his eyes.

"Good morning" he said with a warm smile.

"Morning. What's your name" I asked waiting for the worst.

"BraXton Laca in the streets its ice" he said feeling him self making me laugh.

"What type of music you into" I asked leaning towards him.

"Trap rap, dababy, pop smoke, polo g, lil durk, lil baby, you get" he chuckled.

"How you know hit different?" I asked tilting my head to the side.

"My best friend's sister is into RNB" he laughed probably at memories.

The bells rung and I sighed cause I won't get to see him for a long ass time.

"Bye imma see you in the cafeteria, remember they just jealous hoes" he said and walked off.

I grabbed my stuff and walked to class.

Whole time I was making sceneries in my head with braxton, this was the first time in a very long time I didn't pay any form attention in class.

Today was Friday and I couldn't be more happy not like I had an interesting weekend or anything, I was just home alone and at least I didn't have to listen to my brother's lame songs and his fake friends.

I patiently waited for lunch period and I walked into the cafeteria with my bottle of water and braxton was already at my spot anticipating my arrival.

"What you doing here" I chuckled

"Damn a nigga ain't allowed to hang around you" he asked laughing.

"Nah its cool" he was the only one I used my accent around.

I was born and brought up in Atlanta so I obviously had that hood accent but I did my best to cover it.

"What you staring at me like that??" I whined. He had been looking at me with low eyes and a smile like I was a meal and was about to devour.

"Cause you so fine" he said cheesing.

"Cap" I simply said, that was straight up cap I was ugly as a toad, so my step dad always told me.

"You just can't see it yet, imma change that" he said chuckling still looking at me, I never cared about my physical cause from a young age of being told you're ugly and you can never change you won't care anymore.

"Wanna get out of here" he asked, he could probably see the how uncomfortable I was just by looking at my face, kiki and levy kept giving me death stares and I just wanted to melt or evaporate.

"Yes" I mouthed, I don't see the point of talking when he's already in front of me and staring.

We both stood up and left, I still had my head down cause I hated eye contact.

"I ain't like you putting your head down, keep it up you're tilting your crown mamas" he said the moment we stepped out of the cafeteria.

"Wanna put my all in you" I hummed as was walked to the nearest class.

"Don't know what I saw you, wanna spend my time with you all in you" he continued looking down at me like he meant every word.

He's about 6'3 and my short ass is 5'4 so you can imagine.

"I ain't even got your number yet" he said holding the door open for me to walk in.

"Ion got a phone" I said back and he looked at me like I was about to eat a live rat.

"How is that possible" he said laughing still standing by the door.

"My parents don't agree with it am only 17" I said sitting.

"Welp you need one" he said.

The day went by slowly and braxton and I caught up in the library.

"Let me drop you home?" He asked holding my hand but I immediately began to imagine all the things that would happen if my brother or father caught us together I'd probably come to school with a broken hand.

"Why you tense up like that?" He asked confused. The fear of my thoughts probably showed on my face.

"I can walk home" I said releasing my hand.

"You always under the sun let me drop you" he insisted but I resisted.

"No" I said insisting on my resist, I grabbed my book bag and ran out of the library.

Physically running has proven to be my stress relief, I find it amazing how you can be so fast yet the whole world is still very slow like your running away from your problems, insecurities, fears all of it.

"Good days in my mind safe to take a step out" I sung as I got into my hood.

I walked home and crashed on my bed sobbing heavily.

I wasn't sure when I stopped crying but it was midnight dark outside.

I held my self in a ball and sung my self to sleep.

"It gets better" I consoled my self then closed my eyes.