Chapter 7: The Road Splits Here

"There you are," Lia called out to Yoonie, crossing her arms as the new initiate had been late on her first day. The informant - a balding, countryside official with a lampshade moustache - took his leave. It seemed that the two magicians had already met up with him to find out more about the missing glassware.

"I'm so...so sorry, I lost my...my way here..." She apologised, clawing at her chest as she gasped for air to fill her lungs. Little did they know, Yoonie had a tough time falling asleep the night before - mostly too excited that she had been assigned an official mission by the commander, Eunbi. Of all the magicians and knights, she couldn't believe that she was chosen for this mission, alongside the two magicians - who have been practising their craft for a few years now. With all that excitement bottled up in her heart (and partly also the fear of dying), a sleepless night ensued for Yoonie.

Yuri giggles quietly to herself, noticing her panda eyes.

"I know you're older than us but, we're still your seniors, okay?" Lia chided her, narrowing her eyes disapprovingly. Yoonie bowed her head lightly to her, catching her drift. "Alright, let's go - we'll fill you in on the way there." Lia throws her scarf over her shoulder, starting off towards the roads that led to the Outskirts.

"Had trouble sleeping?" Yuri nudged Yoonie with an elbow, making Yoonie redden in embarrassment.

"Uh... I slept, very well!"

"Been there, done that. Don't worry about it." Yuri hurled her arm behind Yoonie intimately, getting her to catch up with Lia. "Anyway, it's nice to meet you, Yoonie. I heard that you're a Light Purist."

"You've heard? Where? Why? hOW?"

"Well, all the members of the Queen's Shield are required to evaluate fights in the Grand Ignito - and I just so happened to attend your graduating ceremony," Yuri explained. "It's like, High Lady Eunbi wants us to learn from the strengths and weaknesses of new graduates, so we have to write a few papers on it."

"And for you, are too quick in making judgements." Yuri slams Yoonie bluntly, evaluating her grand fight at the arena. "You really should have been more aware of the enemy team, before rushing to their fort." She shrugs her shoulders, "Well, can't complain - else you might have been sent to the Full Moon."

Yoonie blinked multiple times in disbelief - thinking that she had escaped the pen and paper after graduating from Sotia. Little did she know. "Oh... I see. But, wow... She really takes fighting to a whole new level..."

"Right? But yeah, the High Lady treats every battle as a masterpiece; a work of art meant to be interpreted by fighters of all kind. Well, I like that."

"SO UH, anyway, what's your magic type?" Yoonie changed the subject blatantly as the topic was getting too dry. She asks about Yuri's magic as she had never seen it before, pointing at her elaborate bow. The white wooden longbow was well-engraved with green ink, like roots sprouting from the handguard, designing the bow with green marks. There was also a breezy and airy aura emanating from the bow that Yoonie could not ignore.

"This? It's my unique magical weapon that compliments my magic type - just Wind, pretty lame." 

"Oh, just like Ms Irene! She uses really cool magic - get it? Huh, huh?" Yoonie teases, hoping to win the girl's heart (or get into her-).

Yuri scoffed teasingly at her, cringing at her punny remark. "Real funny, Yoonie: wait till you see what magic Lia uses."

------

For the better part of the journey towards the Outskirts, Yuri and Lia explained to Yoonie about what the countryside official, Mr Park Myung Soo, had told them.